Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 31st, 2014 16:00

U2713H, Dell Color Calibration Solution Software

The problem I am facing is that after a fresh windows install, and a fresh DCCS install, either the program freezes on the first screen, or lets me get to the measurement step then crash.

I am using the correct i1Display Pro, brand new. 

I have tried windows 7, 32 and 64 bit and am now in windows 8.1 Pro all with multiple fresh boots. 

I have an Intel i5 processor and an Ati Radeon HD 5000 1GB video card. running the monitor on the DVI. 

Only other thing to say is that I usually use the machine as a hackmac but put the Windows on a fresh drive for a clean windows boot.

Any help, would be great.

Community Manager

• 

54.7K Posts

October 31st, 2014 23:00

Back to the basics. You mentioned hackmac, so the computer hardware is some apple computer? And you are connecting the U2713H directly to the apple proprietary thunderbolt port? Connecting directly to the apple proprietary thunderbolt port with our cable leads to issues. Some apple users have mentioned that using a thunderbolt to DP adapter and then our cable has had more success. Explain in detail how the U2713H is connected and to what ports using what cabling.

6 Posts

November 2nd, 2014 09:00

Hi Chris.

No its not an apple computer, its a custom Built PC running a clean windows boot. I install an osx86 on another drive.

The monitor is plugged in through the DVI using a standard dvi cable. 

Community Manager

• 

54.7K Posts

November 2nd, 2014 13:00

Did you install version 1.5.3 of the DUCCS? Per the DUCCS User's Guide, did you first connect the U2713H USB upstream cable from the monitor to the computer?

6 Posts

November 2nd, 2014 22:00

i should mention that the laptop was connected through the hdmi port and the usb. 

6 Posts

November 2nd, 2014 22:00

Yes i always have it connected to the usb. 

the only thing i didn't do is install the cd that came with it (never opened on mac so i never used it) for the windows instal i downloaded all the drives from the support site so its all up to date. 

today i got the monitor to calibrate using an old laptop running windows 7, just downloaded the drivers and DUCCS and it profiled first go . So its something else in my system. 

another question, does that profile i made on CAL1 remain un changed when i boot as a mac??? 

thanks for y'all your help on this i really appreciate it

Community Manager

• 

54.7K Posts

November 3rd, 2014 06:00

For just the the mac OS partition, you need to install this one while booted into that mac OS:
http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/19/Drivers/DriversDetails?driverid=00WFY

Community Manager

• 

54.7K Posts

November 3rd, 2014 08:00

No idea. Reach out to yumichan.

6 Posts

November 3rd, 2014 08:00

oh ok! 

is this a hardware calibration 

this version does not have the options to pick cal 1 or cal 2?? why is that?? It kind of looks like iprofiler but with a dell logo on it.

do i still need to calibrate in windows??

6 Posts

November 3rd, 2014 13:00

ok i am getting rid of the mac all together and am switching to windows after learning a lot about the limitations of the mac os. 

anyway back to my issues, i can get my monitor to calibrate (hardware) with a laptop and an hdmi cable , if i then switch to the dvi channel will the calibration remain un uttered in cal 1??? 

No Events found!