Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 10th, 2016 05:00

Networker Authentication Service Error

Hi!

I have disabled firewalld on my centos7.

I have one problem

How can I solve it?:

[root@localhost ~]# /opt/lgtonmc/bin/nmc_config

For optimum security, the NMC server must run the embedded PostgreSQL database server

as a non root user. Specify a local user name that will start the database server.

If you specify a user that does not exist, the configuration process will provide you with

the option to create the user account.

Specify the user for the database server [postgres]:

User postgres is not a local user. Do you want to create this user ? y

Specify the directory to use for the LGTOnmc database [/nsr/nmc/nmcdb]:

Do you want to migrate the NMC server data from a previous LGTOnmc 8.x.x release ? n

Specify the host name of the NetWorker Authentication Service host [localhost.localdomain]:

WARNING: Unable to contact authentication server on host localhost.localdomain and port 9090

Do you want to specify a different authentication server host or port ?

In the /nsr/authc/logs/catalina.0.log:

Nov 10, 2016 8:45:28 AM org.apache.catalina.core.AprLifecycleListener init

INFO: The APR based Apache Tomcat Native library which allows optimal performance in production environments was not found on the java.library.path: /usr/lib/nsr/lib64/cst:/usr/lib/nsr/lib64::/usr/java/jdk1.8.0_111/jre/lib/amd64/server:/usr/java/jdk1.8.0_111/jre/lib/amd64:/usr/java/packages/lib/amd64:/usr/lib64:/lib64:/lib:/usr/lib

Nov 10, 2016 8:45:29 AM org.apache.coyote.AbstractProtocol init

INFO: Initializing ProtocolHandler ["http-nio-9090"]

Nov 10, 2016 8:45:29 AM org.apache.tomcat.util.net.NioSelectorPool getSharedSelector

INFO: Using a shared selector for servlet write/read

Nov 10, 2016 8:45:30 AM org.apache.coyote.AbstractProtocol init

INFO: Initializing ProtocolHandler ["ajp-bio-8009"]

Nov 10, 2016 8:45:30 AM org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina load

INFO: Initialization processed in 1750 ms

Nov 10, 2016 8:45:30 AM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService startInternal

INFO: Starting service Catalina

Nov 10, 2016 8:45:30 AM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngine startInternal

INFO: Starting Servlet Engine: Apache Tomcat/7.0.55

Nov 10, 2016 8:45:30 AM org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig deployWAR

INFO: Deploying web application archive /disk2/nsr/authc/webapps/auth-server.war

18 Posts

November 15th, 2016 21:00

Login to server as root

Using following command see port 9090 used by another program

netstat -tulpn or netstat -tulpn | grep 9090

December 31st, 2017 05:00

Update hostfile in Oder for nmc to reach networker server which is authentication host .

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

December 31st, 2017 05:00

1、you can use the following command to shut down the firewall:

# systemctl stop firewalld.service

# service iptables stop

# setenforce 0

and try angin!

2 、or you can try to uninstall lgto software and reinstall lgto software.

January 2nd, 2018 06:00

Check the /etc/hosts file: Did localhost.localdomain point to 127.0.0.1

January 4th, 2018 08:00

On the AUTHC Server "May it be the backup server" run this opt/nsr/authc-server/scripts/ authc_configure.sh and fallow steps

After is completed on NMC Server go an run "/opt/lgtonmc/bin/gstauthcfg -ct -h AUTH_Server "may it be backup server" -p 9090 "

Restart all services and go on

66 Posts

January 17th, 2018 06:00

On our CentOS servers after every reboot we have to log in and run the following command.

iptables -I INPUT 11 -p tcp -m tcp --dport 7937:9936 -j ACCEPT

It should modify the firewall to allow all of the ports Networker uses and can use. We noticed that while the error would claim an authentication failure, you could see the authentication succeed in the debug logs, but would fail later to connect to set up the save. 

CentOS went to using firewalld instead of iptables, so changes made to the iptables can't be static between reboots and I simply wasn't smart enough to figure out how make the changes using the firewalld commands/configuration. The other option as noted above is just turn off the fire wall.

January 17th, 2018 23:00

#sudo firewall-cmd --state

#sudo systemctl status firewalld

To stop and disable it:

sudo systemctl stop firewalld

sudo systemctl disable firewalld

66 Posts

January 18th, 2018 04:00

Yes but that disables it entirely. Which is not what I want. I want the bloody ports to remain open after a reboot.

30 Posts

December 7th, 2020 18:00

Faced the same error. Upgraded java to the latest version. Rerun the authc configuration script e/opt/nsr/authc-server/scripts/authc_configure.sh . Then restarted the Networker services on the host. After restarting services, I run the nmc configuration, and it completed successfully.

30 Posts

January 8th, 2021 06:00

Was trying to setup this in lab environment and run into the error. Stopped the firewall service on both the hosts (nmc and networker) and it was able to proceed.

No Events found!