Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

SH

June 8th, 2013 06:00

U2713H Color Calibration Software - Which Version to Download

Downloading the color calibration software for the U2713H monitor.  The download page has two listing for it. Both are labeled "Version A00-00" and both list a release date of May 17, 2013.  However the file sizes are slightly different, one being 68Mb and the other 67Mb.  Downloading both and looking at the details in the file properties reveals the 68Mb file is  version 1.0.0.0 while the 67Mb file is 1.0.1.0.  I presume the means the 67Mb file is the most recent but before I install it I'd like verification of that.  Can someone from Dell provide a definitive answer as to which one to use?

4 Operator

• 

3.1K Posts

June 8th, 2013 06:00

Hi Steve House,

You would need to download and install the 68 MB file. This version has Fixes & Enhancements for the software.

Hope this information helps.

June 8th, 2013 11:00

Really?  I would have expected the reverse as a "1.0.1.0" would usually indicate a later build than "1.0.0.0"

4 Operator

• 

3.1K Posts

June 11th, 2013 05:00

Hi Steve House,

Thank you for the response. I installed both the versions in one of our lab systems. Both have very minor difference.

And yes, you were correct. You would need to install "1.0.1.0" version, which is the latest one.

October 28th, 2013 11:00

Why are there two versions, why isn't the latest one stated as such and why doesn't the latest one note the previous version. 

Is Dell going to correct this, like today, to clear up the confusion and give us some confidence that Dell is on top of things?  

Does the Dell CCS do hardware calibration, and the xrite version do software calibration, or do they both do the same?             

No Events found!