Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

November 24th, 2020 05:00

S2721QS, blurry edges, pinkish color temperature

Good day everyone,

I just bought a Dell S2721QS monitor and I would really like to keep it. But...

It has quite noticeable and annoying blurry edges on the left and right sides. It's slightly noticeable at the top and it is fine at the bottom.

IMG_4191.jpgI

It looks like the text on the edge is a bit above the white background; like the background is separate from the text and is blurred. It would be fine if it was only at a close distance, but it is very well noticeable at about 40-50 cm.

Is it designed so? Or it is a defect?

The other question is about color temperature. It has a very noticeable pinkish hue on the right. This is in high contrast to Dell UP2715H I have next to it, which has much more accurate while temperature.

IMG_4199.jpg

If this is designed to be so, can you suggest another model 27" 4K that does not have such issues? I'm specifically looking for 27" 4K with perfect white and color temperature. I have time to return this so will appreciate that.

Thank you in advance

November 30th, 2020 00:00

So, I figured out that this is not a defect but a construction "feature". More than that, I went to the store and checked other monitors they had on the stand, from some other vendors too, and it turned out that most of the cheap monitors have this "feature". Seems like this is a new standard for cheap monitors or so. Quite disappointing, I have never seen this in 15 years using LCT displays.

November 24th, 2020 13:00

Just to demonstrate the difference. My S2721QS is on the left, and another monitor is on the right. Notice that you cannot even see the rounded corner of Safari window in S2721QS.

IMG_4213.jpgIMG_4210.jpg

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

December 11th, 2020 11:00

@pavel.leonidovich wrote:
So, I figured out that this is not a defect but a construction "feature". More than that, I went to the store and checked other monitors they had on the stand, from some other vendors too, and it turned out that most of the cheap monitors have this "feature". Seems like this is a new standard for cheap monitors or so. Quite disappointing, I have never seen this in 15 years using LCT displays.

Do most of the 2020's monitors have blurry edges "feature"? I am trying pick other brand in different store but worry if most of today's monitors have blurry edges "feature".

No Events found!