Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 28th, 2016 13:00

Displayed screen smaller than laptop screen

I recently reinstalled Windows 10 on my Inspiron i7547.  Now the display screen is slightly smaller than the actual 15.6" screen.  Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I can get the display to fit the whole screen?

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

March 29th, 2016 02:00

Hi ,

Thank you for writing to us!

Note:Kindly ensure that you have up dated the driver to the latest ones available .

• Changing the screen resolution of a display will be applied to all users no matter which user changed it.
  • Monitors can support resolutions that are lower than their native resolutions, but text won't look as sharp and the display might be small, centered on the screen, edged with black, or stretched. It is recommended to set the screen resolution of the display to the (Recommended) native resolution to get the best display on your monitor.
  • To access the Windows Store and to download and run apps, you need an Internet connection, a screen resolution of at least 1024x768, and a Microsoft account.
  • Your screen resolution needs to be at least 1024x768 to have multiple windows and apps on your screen at the same time.

Kindly try the following steps :

To Change Screen Resolution of Display in Control Panel

1. Open the  Control Panel (icons view), and click/tap on the  Display icon.

2. Click/tap on the  Change display settings link on the left side. 
3. If you have more than one display connected to your PC, then select a display that you want to change the screen resolution of. (see screenshot below)
Note
If all your displays are not shown, then click/tap on the  Detect button to see if Windows can find it.

If you are not sure which display belongs to what number, then you can click/tap on the  Identify button to have each display's number appear briefly to see.

4. Do step 5 (recommended) or step 6 (custom) below for how you would like to change the screen resolution of the selected display.

step 5. To Select a Screen Resolution (recommended)

A) In the  Resolution drop down menu, select a screen resolution (ex: 1920 x 1080) that you want for the selected display, click/tap on Apply, and go to  step 7 below
step 6. Select a Display Mode and Screen Resolution (custom)

A) Click/tap on the  Advanced settings link.
B) In the  Adapter tab, click/tap on the  List All Modes button.
C) Select a display mode that you want for the selected display, and click/tap on  OK
D) Click/tap on  OK, and go to  step 7 below.
7. If the selected screen resolution or display mode looks good to you, then click/tap on  Keep changes
8. If you have more than one display connected to your PC and would like to change the screen resolution of another display, then repeat step 4 above.
9. When finished, you can close the Screen Resolution window if you like.
kindly let us know if this helps.
Thanks
Robin
No Events found!