Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

X

March 19th, 2017 06:00

alienware 15 no speaker or audio jack sound output

I recently got an alienware 15 r3, i7 7700HQ with 1070. There seems to be no sound output from the speakers or the audio jack, but there is sound coming when there is a bluetooth headset connected. I tried unpairing the headset but still no luck with the sound from the speakers or the audio jack. Has anybody faced the same problem ?

3 Apprentice

• 

4.4K Posts

March 22nd, 2017 08:00

Hi xenophobe11‌,

Try this audio article and let me know!

March 25th, 2017 05:00

Brand - DELL
Series - Alienware 15 R3
Model- AW15R3-0012SLV
Purchased: March 23, 2017
OS - Windows 10

I just bought the above yesterday (march 24, 2017) and took it out of the box and no speaker sound but it does have head phones sound and you can see the sound levels going up and down when something is played but nothing coming out of the speakers of the laptop. Ive spent 9 hours updating all drivers including the bios and still no sound. So I contacted Alienware they did the same testing and decided to send me new speakers and have a tech come to my home and do a service call. Thing is Ive been around computers for 39 years and I'm a certified tech but what are the chances that a brand new latop not have working speakers? Anyone else see this happen? Also when I entered the info for my laptop for march 26, 2017 when I bought it, The Service tag was detected and it says my warranty is from Jan 2017 to april 2018, why does it start in January when I bought it in march?

6 Posts

July 12th, 2017 11:00

I know when I tried out the speakers I had no sound but I also had an external monitor plugged in via hdmi which has no speakers. In the audio app I could see the sound bar moving I went to the control panel/sounds and disabled the monitor it then went to the laptop. 

No Events found!