Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 8th, 2006 09:00

Palm Desktop/HotSync Installation Failure and USB unknown device- Dell XPS 400

I have tried unsuccessfully to install Palm Desktop/Hotsync for my VerizonWireless Treo 650. The program stalls just when Hotsync loads to the system tray. I have to use task manager to get out of it. Although the program seems functional, when I try to hotsync, a get a USB unknown device error.

Uninstalling using Windows also stalls at the last step, requiring task manager to close the window.

I have also installed Palm Desktop Version 4.14e without a hitch, but I get the same USB unknown device error.

I have contacted both the Palm software and Verizon Wireless support staff, but neither know what the problem is.

Is there a known incompatibility with the Dell XPS Windows XP Media Center and Palm Hotsync? I have loaded it on other computers with Windows XP Pro, Home, and Media Center operating systems without a problem. Only the Dell computer gives me the above errors.

Thanks in advance,
Dennis

2.5K Posts

April 8th, 2006 11:00

See here: http://tinyurl.com/dab6q Do a Google Groups searce on the topic.  It's not just Dell.

Dave

Sorry for the messed up post.  For some reason the forum rules don't like direct links to Palm.

Message Edited by davejohn on 04-08-200608:51 AM

Message Edited by davejohn on 04-08-200608:52 AM

Message Edited by davejohn on 04-08-200608:54 AM

5.8K Posts

April 8th, 2006 15:00

No Events found!