Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 8th, 2003 02:00

FrontPage - Hit Counters

I was designing a website and decided to put a counter on it. I used the built in one in FrontPage, but I found out my web server doesn't have the necessary things it requires. So I was wondering if there is a way to make my own some how. Such as putting the necessary files in my web folder to make it work--or whatever works. Any help / sites would be very helpful.

Thanks in advance!!

P.S. To be more clear. I remember awhile back, I believe I have used one at angelfire.com, and put some files in my folder -- one including count.txt (which stored the number of visits).

Message Edited by 03codyn on 11-07-2003 11:00 PM

9 Legend

• 

33.3K Posts

November 8th, 2003 10:00

There are add-on or 3rd party hit counters you can use if the provider does not support FrontPage Extensions.  Check the ZD Net downloads, www.zdnet.com or do a search on google and I'm sure you'll come up with something that you can add to the page.  Probably not much HTML code required to do that.

ADDED:  One ISP that I had provided space for a personal web page, but they were running Linux/Apache and it wouldn't support FrontPage extensions but they had a counter program that I could use with my FrontPage created pages.  Check with your web space provider, they may have something you can use.

Message Edited by fireberd on 11-08-2003 08:48 AM

11.9K Posts

November 9th, 2003 01:00

No Events found!