Start a Conversation

Unsolved

C

1 Message

December 2nd, 2018 19:00

ST2420L, DP to HDMI adapter, not receiving input

As the title suggests, my monitor isn't working with an active DisplayPort to HDMI Adapter.

Graphics Card: GTX 1080 Ti; which has three DisplayPorts and one HDMI (Which is required to be used by my Oculus Rift)
Adapter: Cable Matters Active DisplayPort to HDMI adapter

HDMI Cable: I'm unsure what brand the cable is, but my other monitor uses a different one and works fine with the adapter. Both monitors are identical. 

Things to note: Upon plugging the HDMI into the adapter, the computer detects that a new display device has been plugged in, but the monitor just says "No HDMI Detected" or something like that.

Does anyone possibly know why this is happening, and if there's a way I can solve this problem? Without having to purchase anything preferably.

Community Manager

• 

54.7K Posts

December 3rd, 2018 11:00

That could work, but Dell never tested them. Understand that the five year old ST2420L can only do 1920x1080 60Hz. So if the Nvidia driver via that DisplayPort to HDMI adapter is trying to send a higher resolution, it will not work. As a test, disconnect the Oculus Rift from the GTX 1080 Ti. Test the ST2420L directly to the GTX 1080 Ti via an HDMI to HDMI cable. Does it work? If yes, then there is some configuration setting you will have to search for in the Nvidia Control panel to limit the resolution sent via the DisplayPort to HDMI adapter.

No Events found!