Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

October 16th, 2010 09:00

Dell Inspiron 15R "Caps Lock" & "Num Lk" questions

Dell Inspiron 15R - as far as I can tell, there is no light to indicate when the "Caps Lock" or "Num Lk" are activated.

Apart from finding out when I start to type, is there another way to tell?

I am used to either a light or something on the monitor showing up when these features are activated.

I like to know when both buttons are activated before I begin to type passwords as you do get deactivated if you type in the wrong info.

Thank you.

1 Message

July 26th, 2012 14:00

Hi 

For resolving this simple issue regarding Keyboard locks status just update your Quick Set Application i.e uninstall and reinstall Or you can also repair it from Program and Features if it is already installed This works for all Dell laptops It worked both on my XPS and inspiron laptops  

4 Operator

• 

20.1K Posts

October 16th, 2010 11:00

There should be a way to activate the on screen indicator. Dell Quick Set is now called Mobility Center. Type Mobility Center in the start box--even just Mobility will work. See if the setting is there. Press the caps lock key then look at the lower right corner of the desktop for a faint icon of a lock. It fades, so you need to check by pressing the key. 

64 Posts

March 12th, 2011 13:00

The problem is the small CAPS LOCK: ON / OFF disappears after a few seconds, thereby leaving the user back to square one.  I'm wondering if there is Function+key something to keep the indicator on until Caps lock is turned off.

64 Posts

March 12th, 2011 17:00

Hello,

for those of us who do not have caps lock lights or number lock, scroll lock (including my m11x) I found this free download which puts a small icon in the notification area.  It's not perfect, but its a lot better than nothing and it seems to be working OK...not sure if the link works though.

Charles

link:

http://karpolan.com/software/keyboard-leds/

2 Posts

August 7th, 2013 14:00

what is the "Quick Set Application" - how do I find it?  via control panel?

I've got a DELL INSPIRON 1545.

807 Posts

August 7th, 2013 14:00

This is for 32bit and 64bit versions of Vista and 7

www.dell.com/.../inspiron-1545

2 Posts

August 7th, 2013 15:00

Thank you Paul!

August 24th, 2014 03:00

Thank you very much HARSHIL GIBBS. After installing the Quick Set App I am able to see the CAPS LOCK, NUMLOCK status at bottom right of the screen.

No Events found!