Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 3rd, 2009 12:00

Sonar 6

Onboard Realtek not listed as audio device for Sonar, before I opt for sound card I like to know if there is a way to "make" realtek show on the list of audio devices for Sonar, Or Asio driver to work with current set up ... Vista 64bit ..  Looking at X-fi PCI-e as an option if cant get Realtek to work .... 

9 Legend

• 

33.3K Posts

May 3rd, 2009 16:00

I have Sonar 8 (Producer) and my sound card can be selected in the Sonar "Options".  But, if you really want to do quality recording you need something other than PC sound.  PC sound systems, whether the on-board audio or a SoundBlaster sound card require high level signals, not the low level signals of a standard P.A. mic or a guitar. 

I use a regular recording interface unit (a firewire connected Focusrite Saffire Pro 40 - 8 channel interface unit).

Repost on the Cakewalk Sonar forum, that's the best place to look for answers to questions such as this.  Click Me

3 Posts

May 4th, 2009 05:00

I am running Sonar 6 Producer as well, Realtek is not listed anywere ... I will eventually get a firewire interface and a soundcard, but in the meantime I just wanted to remaster some old recordings usining the digital in staright to Sonar ... thx for the info ... But I bealive there is no way around the Realtek onboard .....

9 Legend

• 

33.3K Posts

May 4th, 2009 14:00

I've gotten answers to many "newbie" questions on the Sonar forum.  In fact I posted a question yesterday and got 6 answers within a couple of hours.  Now I have to figure out how to use the "Automation" feature to control volume levels.

No Events found!