Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 15th, 2011 17:00

Dell Inspiron one 2320 - Unable to change default graphic card (1 GB NVIDIA® Geforce® GT 525M (GPU)) in windows 7 home premium

Hi all,

I have recently bought Dell Inspiron One 2320 at home and found that the current settings for display card is Intel HD graphics 300 instead of Nvidia Geforce GT 525M (GPU). I have tried to change the settings from current one to nvidia but to no avail in Windows 7 home premium.

Kindly help on this issue on how-to do the change.

Thanks.

Regards,

Alan Lam

Community Manager

• 

54.7K Posts

December 16th, 2011 08:00

Send me your service tag number via a private message so I can look into this.

2 Posts

December 16th, 2011 13:00

I am having exactly the same problem, Im trying to play the new Star Wars online game but it's using the inbuilt card and not the Gt 525M. I'm pretty certain I managed to get it working for a couple of other game's but I cant remember how! Im looking at the Nvidia control panel and in the SetPhysX configuration tab it's showing the Laptop Display witht the 3000 and I cant change it to the 525. Please help this is deeply frustrating! I will send you my service tag now. Thanks in advance!

8 Posts

December 17th, 2011 06:00

my service tag is <ADMIN NOTE: Service tag removed per privacy policy>

8 Posts

December 18th, 2011 17:00

From my findings, it seems that inspiron one 2320 is using intel H61 express chipset whereby the Intel core processor has its own integrated graphic processor from this url:

www.intel.com/.../h61-express-chipset.html H61 express chipset

If that's the case, look like we have disable the integrated graphic card from core processor via CMOS settings.

May I know if this is possible? Kindly reply to me soon.

Thanks.

Regards,

Alan Lam

8 Posts

December 18th, 2011 17:00

Hi snowydrake, is it this way that you change your display from windows settings as shown below?

windows.microsoft.com/.../Video-cards-frequently-asked-questions

Kindly let me know if that's the case.

Thanks.

Regards,

Alan Lam

1 Message

December 23rd, 2011 16:00

Was there ever an answer to this question that can be shared? or do I also need my tag number for help for this? Thanks, Sergio

2 Posts

January 3rd, 2012 08:00

Same issue here as well, really would love to use the power of the gt525.

8 Posts

January 3rd, 2012 17:00

I hope this above solution will help all of you up....as I too have a hard time looking for it.....

8 Posts

January 3rd, 2012 17:00

Kindly refer to this following link as shown below:

- forums.nvidia.com/index.php

- www.pcworld.com/.../nvidia_unveils_optimus_switchable_graphics_technology.html

Alternative solution is as follows:

Solution 1: Go to Nvidia Control Panel -> 3rd Settings -> Change Preferred Graphics Processor from Auto to High Performance Nvidia Processor. Save this settings and test run your application in windowed mode.

Solution 2: Go to Nvidia Control Panel -> 3rd Settings -> Global Settings (ensure that it is set to "Auto") -> Click on Program settings to add .exe file and select your Preferred Graphics Process from Auto to your High Performance Nvidia Processor. Save this settings and test run your application in windowed mode.

2 Posts

January 4th, 2012 06:00

alan, are you able to update drivers from nvidia after doing this?

8 Posts

January 4th, 2012 16:00

no...so far I didn't update any drivers from Nvidia as most of them are still in beta status....

July 8th, 2012 22:00

I have recently bought Dell Inspiron 5110 Nvidia Geforce GT 525M and found that the current settings for display card is Intel HD graphics 3000 instead of Nvidia Geforce GT 525M (GPU). I have tried to change the settings from current one to nvidia but its not changing. i also update the current drivers which dell customer care told me. Its still on Intel HD graphics.

Kindly help on this issue and suggest how to do the change.

July 8th, 2012 22:00

I have recently bought Dell Inspiron 5110 with Nvidia Geforce GT 525M and found that the current settings for display card is Intel HD graphics 3000 instead of Nvidia Geforce GT 525M. I have tried to change the settings from current one to nvidia but its not changing. i also update the current drivers which dell customer care told me. Its still on Intel HD graphics.

Kindly help on this issue and suggest how to do the change.

Saurabh

No Events found!