Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 4th, 2016 02:00

Alienware 13 R2 Screen dimming

My screen keeps dimming, especially when going from a bight web browser page back to my desktop or dark grey autocad. Happens when plugged in.

I have the 4k touch screen IPS panel. Tearing my hair out with it, I've looked at all available settings within both intel graphics chip and the nvidia chip. No battery saver mode etc.

Can anyone help?

7 Technologist

• 

4.4K Posts

April 5th, 2016 10:00

Hi, 

Please view this article and follow the steps, it may be the cause of the issue.  

4 Posts

April 6th, 2016 04:00

Tried that, no luck. 

I've just installed the latest Intel graphics chip driver and it seems to have done the trick! If i don't post back we can safely assume the driver was the solution. For reference it was a driver released early March.

Cheers,

Ben.

7 Technologist

• 

4.4K Posts

April 6th, 2016 15:00

Hi, 

Thank you for confirming this. 

4 Posts

April 12th, 2016 01:00

Turns out it hasn't quite done the job... 

Still getting some MAJOR screen dimming. Really disappointing. Does anyone have any.... bright ideas?

4 Posts

April 12th, 2016 04:00

I've been in touch with Alienware and they have suggested the following as a fix, which so far seems to have worked!

Thank you for your call today.

As agreed im sending you this email with a link to our drivers page where you can download the on screen display application that could help you.

http://www.dell.com/support/home/uk/en/ukdhs1/product-support/servicetag/9GQ0M72/drivers

Before you try to install the application try this steps:

1. Right click on your battery and go to power options

2. In power options where you have it set on balanced click on the: change plan settings

3. Click on Change advanced power settings next and it will open another window with power options

4. Scroll down until you find the display and in the options there should be an option Enable adaptive Brightness - turn it off

The Adaptive Brightness is a feature of the system. If you don't want use it you can turn it off

You can reply to this email with any results of the test. Thank you

Kind regards,

Filip Savka
Client Technical Support Sr. Associate

Dell | Alienware Technical Support Team
Call: 0800-028-2660
You can also chat with us.

757 Posts

April 12th, 2016 06:00

Have you looked at the Power Options section? In it three is a selection for "Enable Adaptive Brightness". You can turn this on or off.

The other option is on bottom left Action Center. There is a panel with a "Sun" It will show 0, 25, 50, 75, or 100 percent. You can manuall set the adaptive brightness back to any of these values.

No Events found!