Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

August 7th, 2019 11:00

XPS 15 7590, no device audio output device

After replacing my ssd with the samsung 970 evo plus, I installed windows 10 and all the drivers from the dell site (including Realtek HD audio driver). But if I click on the audio icon it appears " no audio output device is installed ". In Windows Device Manager realtek's driver does not appear among the drivers for audio control. On the contrary, in control panel i can see that Realtek HD audio driver is installed.

10 Posts

August 13th, 2019 05:00

Motherboard was damaged. Dell sent a technician to change it for free and now all works well. Thanks Chris M for your support.

Community Manager

• 

54.7K Posts

August 7th, 2019 14:00

The Samsung 970 Evo was never tested/validated by Dell in this XPS 15-7590.

Was the Realtek ALC3266 audio functioning when the Toshiba XG6 512GB SSD was installed? Is Audio enabled in the BIOS System Configuration? Did you install the Realtek driver after installing all of the Chipset drivers?

10 Posts

August 8th, 2019 02:00

Only during first configuration with the Toshiba it seems to work well. After I discovered audio issue on the Samsung I put it back the Toshiba and it still doesn’t work.

Yes, audio in enabled in BIOS and I installed Realtek ALC3266 after all other driver on DELL website 

P.S.: I saw my ssd work well with other 7590

Community Manager

• 

54.7K Posts

August 8th, 2019 06:00

* Turn the laptop off, then on. Press F2 at Dell logo
* Go to System Configuration
* Go to Audio
* Remove the check from "Enable Audio"
* Exit BIOS saving changes

* Once into Windows restart the laptop
* Press F2 at Dell logo
* Go to System Configuration
* Go to Audio
* Add the check to "Enable Audio"
* Exit BIOS saving changes
* Once into Windows, retest Audio

Community Manager

• 

54.7K Posts

August 8th, 2019 07:00

I doubt that the onboard audio chip has failed. This appears to be your Windows 10 installation and driver issue.

* Reinstall the Intel Chipset driver
* When done, restart the laptop

* Reinstall the Intel Thunderbolt driver

* Reinstall the Realtek ALC3266 driver

* If still no audio, use the free Intel DSA (Driver Support Assistant) utility to check and install any drivers. When done, restart the laptop

10 Posts

August 8th, 2019 07:00

I have just tried but I still have the same problem. No audio output device detected, and realtek hd audio driver does not appear in device management even if it is installed.

Community Manager

• 

54.7K Posts

August 8th, 2019 08:00

Per the warranty stipulations, you need to remove the non-tested/validated Samsung 970 Evo SSD. Reinstall our Toshiba XG6 512GB SSD. Refresh the operating system. Then we can continue troubleshooting.

10 Posts

August 8th, 2019 08:00

Just finished but  it still doesn't work

10 Posts

August 8th, 2019 16:00

Ok, I've just reinstalled original Toshiba 512GB SSD. With "Refresh the operating system" do you mean that I have to use RefreshWindowsTool.exe ?

10 Posts

August 9th, 2019 02:00

I noticed that even now with the Toshiba ssd, if in Dell Update I try to install Intel Chipset driver, as you already told me, after the installation it seems to be not actually installed. In fact, if I return to Dell Update after a while I find the same driver to install.

Community Manager

• 

54.7K Posts

August 9th, 2019 15:00

I meant the option on this page to run, "Refresh your copy of Windows 10 without losing your data".

The Dell Update software is not reporting things correctly. Instead, check the Device Manager for driver version. Check to see if the installed Chipset version is 10.1.17903.8106, A07.

10 Posts

August 10th, 2019 11:00

I refreshed the system, then I installed that version of the chipset driver. I can't find it in device manager but in control panel I can unistall it. And the same appens for Realtek HD audio driver: in device manager it doesn't appear.

No Events found!