Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

July 6th, 2019 03:00

XPS 13 9350, Intel Iris 540 Graphics, Black screen

I am struggling with my dell XPS 13 9350 with black screen since past week. 

I have tried almost all tricks I have come across - 1. doing the battery drain, 2. Resetting the OS, 3. Installing fresh install from Microsoft website, 4. Uninstall and reinstall Graphics drivers, 5. Updating all drivers from Intel website 6. Updating windows, BIOS, drivers through dell website, supportassist. Still the issue is there. When I connect to external monitor, display is there. Otherwise on safe mode or disabling the graphics driver, display comes up on XPS but as soon as restarted, windows updates the drivers and display goes back to blank. 

I have run the hardware diagnostics, stress test but all look okay without any issues found. So I have zeroed in on the graphics driver to be the issue but no resolution in site. Tried uninstall and delete the drivers but still problem comes back. 

Please help . 

2 Posts

August 20th, 2019 16:00

Installed an old intel driver 25.20.100.6373 and it seems to work so far

1 Message

July 8th, 2019 23:00

I'm having the same issue.

If I uninstall the Intel Driver, the laptop display works (but it's bad and external monitor doesn't work).

If I install the driver, the external driver monitor works, but the laptop display doesn't.

Very frustrating.

2 Posts

August 5th, 2019 07:00

Same symptoms here. Same solutions tried except fresh install. Same results.

• 

16.9K Posts

August 6th, 2019 09:00

JCC,

Click my name and private message me the pc service tag number as well as your registered name, email address, and phone number.

If your computer is out of warranty you can click here for support options.

No Events found!