Start a Conversation

Unsolved

E

6 Posts

December 21st, 2021 14:00

EYE STRAIN HEADACHES! Laptop screen display experts wanted! Help! Dell XPS 15

Hi there,

So I sent this email to the Dell sales people, I wondered if anyone here had any thoughts? I recently purchased the new Dell XPS 15 and I'm finding it hard to avoid eye strain.. is this a losing battle? If anyone can explain to me in simple terms what my best option is I'd be most grateful (anti-reflective glasses?!)

I just have another query, regarding the screen display of this laptop. I wanted it as close as possible to my Dell XPS 13 9360 - which has QHD+ (3200 x 1800) InfinityEdge display. This current XPS15 screen - FHD+ (1920 x1200) unfortunately seems to give me slight headaches - I assumed it would be a similar display to my Dell XPS 13 as I was told it was more "matte". However when I shut down the laptops, the XPS13 has a reflective surface and the XPS 15 does not, strangely. The XPS 13 is also sharper, so I assume I have bought an XPS15 with fewer pixels, which is not ideal.  

I was very concerned about ordering a laptop which was too 'glossy', as the Dell I ordered before this (and sent back) was a 2-in-1 UHD+WLED touch display was very harsh on my eyes. Now I am wondering if I should have ordered the Dell XPS 15 OLED 3.5K (3456x2160) InfinityEdge Touch Anti-Reflective 400-Nit Display - is this similar to the Dell XPS 13 9360 - which has QHD+ (3200 x 1800) InfinityEdge (which is also a touch screen FYI)? Or is that still quite glossy?

I am just a little confused with all these terms, I love my new laptop but I would like to solve this issue as swiftly as possible, even if this means paying more for a better display, which is better for my health, as I am at present unsure I can use this long-term.

Thanks

Emma

• 

25.5K Posts

December 22nd, 2021 08:00

We tried reaching you on a private message asking for the Service Tag number to ascertain the warranty but did not receive a response. Please feel free to reply to the private message whenever you are available.

10 Elder

• 

24.2K Posts

December 22nd, 2021 09:00

Usually, higher resolution is not the answer to eye strain -- but it's individual-specific.  

Your best option is to purchase from a retailer that will let you use a demonstration model before you buy.

No Events found!