Start a Conversation

Unsolved

E

3 Posts

February 5th, 2022 05:00

Dell XPS 13 9350 Black Screen using Intel Iris 540 driver

I have problem with Dell XPS 9350, i7, 512 GB SSD, 16 GB RAM, Touchscreen.

The OS is Win10 Home, version 20H2, Build info 19042.1503.

The Dell Support website with Dell Support Assist said "Your system is up to date
No driver updates found. Your system has the most recent updates"

The BIOS is using the latest version 1.13.0

The screen will go Black when the Intel Iris Graphic 540 ENABLE, but the touchscreen still works.
The external monitor connected to USB-C adapter able to show the screen. 

The laptop screen works normal when the Intel Iris Graphic 540 DISABLE, but I can not change the screen resolution and I can not connect to external monitor.

I tried to uninstall and install all driver provided in Dell Support website (one by one), but all driver produces the same problem.

I also tried all  Intel DCH driver provided in Intel website, but it is also not solve the problem.

Please help.

Thank you.

7 Technologist

• 

12.2K Posts

February 5th, 2022 06:00

This forum post may help. It has some suggestions.

3 Posts

Hi JOcean,

Yes, I tried that driver.

7 Technologist

• 

12.2K Posts

Just curious, is this the Intel driver you tried to install?

3 Posts

February 6th, 2022 06:00

Hi JOcean,

I already tried it before.

To day, i tried this following steps:

- Reset BIOS to Factory Default

- Install fresh Windows 10 OS

- Update all chipset driver (Device Manager>Update Driver)

- Install graphics driver, Intel-HD-Graphics-Driver_C4RHJ_WIN_26.20.100.7986_A15

The laptop screen still goes black after graphics driver installation.

The laptop screen able to works if I DISABLE the Intel Iris 540 driver in Device Manager. The display resolution, brightness and use external display setting is not work in this condition.

Is there any other ways to resolve the problem? Kindly advise.

1 Message

January 22nd, 2023 09:00

I had the same issue on my Dell XPS 13 9350 (purchased 2016).  Upgraded 3 yrs ago during covid times and laptop stopped working on screen when i logged in windows.  same happened in Ubuntu .. so wasn't a driver issue but more of a hardware that got affected with the latest update.  Read a lot on the dell support that lots of people had their XPS "bricked". So I placed the laptop on the shelf.

Today it's a rainy day and i decided to give it a go 3 yrs down the line and try to fix it.  During the last upgrade bios was updated to 1.13.0.  Rolled it back to 1.10.1 (was speaking with a friend of mine at work) and it is back working.  Been 30 minutes with the laptop on my lap and not connected to an external screen. 

No Events found!