Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 26th, 2007 20:00

Windows Vista and HP iPAQ 4150 HELP!

I recently purchased a Dell Inspiron 1521.  I have an HP iPAQ 4150 that I would like to use with the new system.  I have read several forums to get help with this but am very confused.   I found through some of the forums that I needed to upgrade WMDC to the latest version, which I have done.  When I try to install the software for the HP it tells me I need new drivers.  I tried to get the ROM update, but it does not work.

My HP and laptop did sync and loaded some pictures to the pocket PC, but nothing else syncs. 

I do not know if I am supposed to use bluetooth (which does discover the Pocket PC) or through my wireless network which is based on my home PC (which has XP) and I connect with my laptop (Vista) through the network.  

I do not know enough about all the mechanics of this so I am looking for step by step directions if anyone has them.  PocketPC handbook has long disappeared into one of the teenagers rooms (Now, they no longer live at home) 

I know this can work because I saw one posting (Rockford Lhotka) but it did not provide enough details.

Please send Help! 

2.5K Posts

November 27th, 2007 22:00

You can synchronize using Bluetooth or the USB sync cable/dock that comes with your PPC.  There is no support for synchronization using Wi-Fi - Microsoft claims they cannot make it secure enough to be introduced (but it was supported on older ActiveSync versions).

You shouldn't need to download new driver.  WMDC supports Pocket PC 2003 and up, so it should have built-in driver support, and according to HP, their iPaq 4150 runs on PPC 2003.

In addition, which Microsoft Outlook version are you using?  WMDC requires OL 2003 or 2007 to synchronize with email, contacts, tasks and notes  on your device.

November 28th, 2007 03:00

Hello,

I am using Outlook 2003.  Can you tell me how to sync.  I have tried everything and guess I don't know what I am doing.  Cannot get it to work.

Thanks.

2.5K Posts

November 28th, 2007 22:00

In your system tray there is an icon called Sync Center.  After connecting the device to your computer and running WMDC, open Sync Center and see if it is reporting any conflict.  You can also manually activate synchronization by clicking the Sync button on the screen.

November 29th, 2007 01:00

That did not do anything.  No conflicts are showing up but it keeps telling me either (1) Not Connected.  When I go to sync center it gives me back a message that there is no partnership set up but I do not know how to do that.  I have tried everything in both the PPC and in WMDC and Sync Center. 

Really need step by step instructions. 

Thanks for you help!

June

2.5K Posts

November 29th, 2007 06:00

more help available here: http://www.pocketpcfaq.com/faqs/wmdc/

Each Pocket PC device can pair with 2 computers (one partnership per computer) regardless of Windows version, so you must create a partnership with your computer first.  If your PPC has already created 2 partnerships, you must delete one before you can pair with another computer.
No Events found!