Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 24th, 2005 02:00

Windows Media Player - Can't See Certain Songs Listed

Using the color chooser, I changed the color settings in windows media player to use 'black as the background color". The problem is that I can't see many of the songs on the list unless they're highlighted (some songs are highlighted automatically for some reason ).

I would like to be able to use black in the background because it's easier to read the lists. How do I get all of the songs in my song library to be highlighted so that I can read them using the black background?

9 Legend

• 

33.3K Posts

October 24th, 2005 10:00

I have WMP10 and do not see any option to change the background color.

Did you change the entire Windows Theme?  That would, apparently, be the only way.

2K Posts

October 24th, 2005 12:00

I know you can change the toolbar colors, and choose

View---Enhancements--Color Chooser.

It has the option for black as the background color behind the "Now playing" List.

I don't know if there is an option to change text color. Maybe Google can help.

You can see what mine looks like. I can see the titles just fine.

EXAMPLE

Message Edited by msil217 on 10-24-2005 08:29 AM

4.4K Posts

October 24th, 2005 14:00

You can't post pictures directly on this forum. What you have to do is place them on some web server and provide the link to it here. Your ISP may offer you some web space, or there are some sites that offer free space for pictures.

As for WMP10, I checked out selecting black as background colour. Looking in Library, it has a dark grey background with text in white Highllighted item in green) and all is quite readable..

5.8K Posts

andigirl:

What you need to do is open your library window, click on the "Library Options" icon, and uncheck the option to "Group by Sorted Field".
This will return the entire background to all black.

36 Posts

I can see the titles in the Now Playing Mode. I only begin to have problems seeing titles in the Library Mode. I tried to provide example screen captures, but I couldn't get my links to work. Could you tell me what you did exactly?

36 Posts

October 24th, 2005 16:00

joe53:

I went into the library window, library options, then UN-checked Group by Sorted Field as you said and it worked. That fixed it! Thanks.

andigirl

2K Posts

October 24th, 2005 19:00

Hey Joe, I learned something new too!! Thanks!! :)
No Events found!