Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 10th, 2005 02:00

My Dell Windows XP came with the Roxio Easy CD Burner

The Roxio Easy CD Burner was located in my Programs and was easy to get to and use.
It is no longer in my Programs, however, when I search I can find the Tutorials for it.  I don't
know what happened to it and have searched.  Since the Tutorials are still there shouldn't
the program still be there?   Any suggestions where to look for it.   Thanks:smileyhappy: 

5.8K Posts

December 10th, 2005 02:00

I don't know which version of Easy CD Burner you have, but mine is located in  C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adaptec Shared\CreateCD\ folder.

2 Posts

December 10th, 2005 03:00

Thanks, I did look in the Program you mentioned and did find some Roxio files.    When I clicked on

each one to open it the computer gave me a message not to do it, and no where did it show a place

to replace it in my programs in the list of Programs.  Do programs like that expire and have to be

reinstalled.  On my original receipt from Dell it describes it like this:

24x/10x/40x Max CD- RW Drive with Roxio's Easy CD Creator       Product Code 24CDRW2

Thanks for your help.

2.9K Posts

December 10th, 2005 03:00

Gairrita,

In theory, Easy CD Creator should still be there.  Do you still have the DirectCD icon on your task bar? How about the Easy CD Project Selector.  If they are there, you should be able to double-click on the icon for Project Selector and start Easy CD Creator.

Click on Start|Control Panel. Once in Control Panel, click on Add/Remove Programs. See if you have Easy CD Creator listed. If so, click on Change/Remove. Should be an option to Repair (replace missing files).  This may or may not require that you have the installation CD. If it isn't there, you will have to reinstall it from your original software CD.

or

Click on Start|Programs|Accessories|System Tools. Select System Restore and restore your system to a date when Easy CD Creator was still there.

Tony

9 Legend

• 

33.3K Posts

December 10th, 2005 12:00

Roxio Easy CD Creator 5 Basic (the program that came with Dell's) is located in the C:\Program Files\Adaptec.  There is also an Adaptec folder in the C:\Program Files\Common Files. But the program is located in the C:\Program Files\Adaptec.  If that folder is missing or corrupt you will have to reinstall Roxio from the Backup CD that came with your PC.  Also, BEFORE you can use Roxio Easy CD Creator 5 Basic you MUST go to the Roxio site and download the updates for the V5 Basic.  www.roxio.com

NOTE: When reinstalling Roxio Easy CD Creator 5 Basic (or the Platinum version) you may get a Windows XP warning that the program is incompatible.  It's OK, install the program but DO NOT run the program until you download the updates.  Install the program, restart Windows XP, download and install the updates, restart Windows XP and then you can run Roxio.

2.1K Posts

December 10th, 2005 15:00

Actually the correct drill is to download the updates – install the program do not reboot - install the updates and reboot.

Simply stated, this Win95 program may not work with XP SP2… There have been 3 complete re-writes (Ver 8) since support was dropped for this out of date product.

2.9K Posts

December 10th, 2005 16:00

Thanks Jim.  You're right. Will make edit right now. Don't want someone to read up to my post and no further.

Tony
No Events found!