Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

August 18th, 2011 07:00

Large desktop clock included with Dell 620MT?

Hello,

I received 2 lovely new Dell 620 MT desktop units yesterday, running Win7 64bit. They're work computers so I just set them up and ran the updates etc ready to use them and noticed they had a a good looking big clock and weather displaying gadget/widget on the desktop. My XPS 15 laptop doesn't have this (though it's only a couple of months older) and I was just wondering where I could get it from? Can't find it anywhere on the Dell site...

Thanks

Ben

7 Posts

August 19th, 2011 07:00

I followed the weather link in the gadget and it opens www.accuweather.com/partner=?dellstage so it is included in the dell stage software update.

7 Posts

August 18th, 2011 08:00

Yes I know what a gadget is... The question I asked is what is the name of the large clock/weather gadget that came preinstalled on the Dell 620MT's I set up yesterday, and where can I download it from?

I made a note of the fact they have 'AccuWeather.com' written across the bottom of them but it is not the AccuWeather Stratus gadget that is available on their site, which leads me to believe it is a piece of software specific to Dell - yet I can't find it on the Dell site...

9 Legend

• 

33.3K Posts

August 18th, 2011 08:00

Those are probably "gadgets" that you can put on the right side (or anywhere) on the desktop.  RIGHT click in an empty area of the desktop and then LEFT click on Gadgets.

• 

16.9K Posts

August 18th, 2011 11:00

millski,

Thank you for using the Dell Community Forum.

Dell does not have downloadable gadgets. They are downloads from the internet,

Check out the link below.

SevenForums

7 Posts

August 18th, 2011 12:00

Thanks Jesse, now we're getting somewhere...

The gadget looks like a mixture of this clock style: http://factormystic.net/projects/gadgets but with graphics like these for the weather info: http://fabularasa.deviantart.com/art/Rainmeter-Weather-Station-Beta-199204772

By default the gadget showed the time/date and todays weather in large with no background. When you mouse over the background turned black and a 5 day forecast appeared, alongside the Accuweather.com logo. These features made it better to use and more attractive than any of the others I've seen. I guess my best bet is to get the work's 620MT units back, switch them on and look for myself. I just expected someone from Dell to be able to tell me what software they install by default, which is why I asked here!

9 Legend

• 

33.3K Posts

August 18th, 2011 15:00

Here is the link to gadgets at Microsoft.  Maybe one there is what you are looking for.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows/downloads/personalize/gadgets

By the way this is primarliy a users helping users forum.  Jesse, one of the forum moderators has responded, but in most cases it's just the forum users that respond. 

2.7K Posts

August 18th, 2011 16:00

My Dell came installed with Desktop Gadget Gallery. Go to Start>All Programs and see if you have this program.

2.7K Posts

August 18th, 2011 16:00

7 Posts

August 18th, 2011 17:00

Thanks for the replies everybody but I respectfully ask that if you don't know the name of the preinstalled software from dell that I'm after, or a link to it then please don't reply. The gadget gallery is the first place I looked, followed by google. The software I'm looking for is clearly something specific to dell; I own a dell (5 in fact) and just want a link to it, not to the bloody windows gallery.

This is a user forum - but it's called the dell support forum. I posted here expecting dell support... Surely someone at dell can ask the people who configure the 620mt desktop what the clock/weather gadget is??

7 Posts

August 19th, 2011 02:00

Well I switched on my laptop this morning and the clock I've been looking for appeared... I've still no idea what it's called or where it came from(??)

I updated Dell Stage yesterday, it might have been included with that. Though I don't actually run Dell Stage at all...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v724/millski/desktopclock.jpg

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

August 19th, 2011 03:00

millski,

Try putting your mouse over the time. See if the wrench appears. If so, click on it. Sometimes the gadgets will state the author, along with the settings.

Rick

1 Message

March 13th, 2012 08:00

I followed the weather link in the gadget and it opens www.accuweather.com/partner=?dellstage so it is included in the dell stage software update.

That's funny...the post states that the answer is verified but I don't see any viable answer to your question. I also recently received the Dell 620 and 17R Laptop
and both cam with the Large desktop clock. I agree it's a really nice gadget/widget but I can't seem to find it anywhere. Did you have any luck?

Thanks

7 Posts

March 13th, 2012 15:00

Yes, as stated above it was part of the 'Dell Stage' software, and it's not actually a Windows gadget at all - in fact Microsoft have all but abandoned the gadget system; if you visit the Microsoft 'gadget gallery' it says as much on their page, and only lists the 10 most popular gadgets as a sort of archive. Most of the good desktop widget-type-stuff I've been able to find is non-Windows-gadget. I'm using Rainmeter now for my desktop clock, weather, news etc.

March 27th, 2013 08:00

I AM NOT A DELL EMPLOYEE

If you are still trying to find out how to download the stage software and its gadgets you have been given a lot of bogus info.

Everything you are looking for (gadgets) is available to download from Dell. 

What you need to do it go to this  site: http://www.dell.com/support/drivers/us/en/04/DriverDetails?driverId=R291066

The trick is go there with the computer that already has the gadget installed. The reason for this is that the software is only available to download if it came with your computer. Once you get to the site it will check your computers Service Tag and show you a list of downloadable files associated with it Drivers and Programs.

My advice is to choose every file available to your model because who can't make use of a backup at some point.

Thats it, once downloaded you can install the stage program to your other computer.

Note these WILL NOT install on a computer that is not made by Dell

Hope That Helps

1 Message

December 12th, 2013 14:00

I was having the same problem attempting to acquire this Dell Stage weather/clock widget. Spent many hours and days on it. This post is exactly what one needs to do to get this very nice widget installed on a new Dell machine. Thank-you SO very much for your post.
No Events found!