Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 13th, 2007 21:00

Installshield Wizard 'completes' without installing program

I have an Inspiron E1505 with Vista Home Premium.  I am trying to install PhotoImpact Pro and keep getting the message "The wizard was interrupted before PhotoImpact Pro could be completely installed."  The program installed without issue on the Vista-equipped Inspiron1501 we have.
Nova Development was of little help.
The Installshield error comes up after serial number is entered and the wizard asks where to install the program.
Any assistance would be appreciated!

Toby

12.7K Posts

August 13th, 2007 22:00

It might not be Vista compatible installer, to correct this follow the instructions below.

Here is how to install software or drivers on Vista that are for XP

Right click on the setup.exe file for the software/driver you are trying to install and select the compatibility Tab
Tick the "run this file in compatibility mode" box and then select XP in the drop down box, Tick "run as Administrator" if it is available, hit OK
Now double click this setup.exe file to execute the install process, hopefully all will go well and install the drivers/Software you need.

If the exe installs software for the device, or you have installed software only, you need to navigate to the program folder where it installed, then do the compatibility thing again for the program executable.

I do not guarantee all drivers or software to work but a large percentage do..

Good luck.

If the Software/ installer (exe file) is on CD, copy the entire contents of the CD to a folder in Vista, then do the compatibility thing.
No Events found!