Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

N

December 27th, 2005 05:00

Folder with green arrow?

Hi,
When I posted a question, I saw a folder with a green arrow over it?  Why?  Please use very simple explaination :smileysurprised: as I am a computer novice, new to this site, and trying very hard to explore it and understand usage.   Thanks

1 Rookie

• 

5.8K Posts

December 27th, 2005 05:00

@noviceperson wrote:
Hi,
When I posted a question, I saw a folder with a green arrow over it?  Why?  Please use very simple explaination :smileysurprised: as I am a computer novice, new to this site, and trying very hard to explore it and understand usage.   Thanks

Hi:

The green arrow is to indicate a thread (a list of posts all related to a new post) which contains a post made by you. It serves as a marker to help you find posts you have made.

December 27th, 2005 06:00

Thanks Joe53,

Passed mouse over the folder:  thread you have replied to with new unread messages.  what does that part mean? "with new unread messages"? Don't think there were any messages, as I saw the green arrow the second I posted my note?  Does my question make any sense?

Am I posting a reply to your note in the proper place?

Thanks again.  I am sooo impressed with people like you, who try and help others. 

I hate the malicious others out there who try and ruin the Internet experience for us by sending viruses etc etc etc !!

1 Rookie

• 

5.8K Posts

December 27th, 2005 06:00

noviceperson wrote:

Passed mouse over the folder:  thread you have replied to with new unread messages.  what does that part mean? "with new unread messages"? Don't think there were any messages, as I saw the green arrow the second I posted my note?  Does my question make any sense?

It makes perfect sense. There are 2 green arrow icons, very similar in appearance.
1)  indicates that there is a reply in a thread in which you posted which you have not yet read
2)  indicates a thread in which you posted where there are no new replies.

Am I posting a reply to your note in the proper place?
Yes.

Edit: There is some very useful advice on how best to use this forum, from Denny Denham, here.

Message Edited by joe53 on 12-27-2005 03:34 AM

December 27th, 2005 07:00

Joe53
Thanks for your note.  Looked at Denny's help page...wow...beautiful...and lengthy !! 
Will read more later.
No Events found!