Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

CA

April 17th, 2005 01:00

Digital camera photo download problem

Hello,
I have a Latitude C810 with Windows XP Pro, SP2, and use a Fuji Finepix digital camera.  I downloaded the camera software - no problem, however  when I attach the USB cable to the camera and PC to download photos the AutoPlay dialogue box, which should appear with a list of selections, doesn't.  I went to the Microsoft website and ran an AutoPlay diagnostic and it indicated it found a problem but couldn't repair it. Has anyone got a solution?  Thanks...

9 Legend

• 

33.3K Posts

April 17th, 2005 10:00

There are some cameras that are not "WIA" (Windows Image Acquisition) compliant and if that's the case the Camera and Scanner Wizard will not come up.  In those cases you will have to use the Windows explorer and manually transfer files from the camera to the hard drive. 

I had an Olympus that came out after Windows XP was released and it wasn't WIA compliant and I had to use the Windows Explorer manual method to transfer files.

4 Operator

• 

20.1K Posts

April 17th, 2005 14:00

20 Posts

April 18th, 2005 02:00

Thank you both for replying with solutions to this camera problem.  Here I thought it would be so easy.  Now I guess I will need to do the manual transfer from Explorer that fireberd suggests.

Mary, I did go to that Microsoft link and ran that AutoPlay checkup but it didn't help.  It was nice of you to suggest it.  Thank you!

No Events found!