Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 24th, 2007 08:00

Anyone else experienced problems with tech/cust support to FPO/APO addresses?

I recently paid over $1,400 for a new notebook, which the hard drive went bad after six months.  I am a U.S. Navy Cheif stationioned in Italy, and there are no international toll free numbers offered by Dell.  This requires me to pay over .50 per minute to go through multiple options, following receipt of several numbers received during multiple chat sessions.  After placing my initial trouble call and parts order, the parts were not mailed until after five days of placing the order.  During one of my calls following the third week of shipment, the customer support person stated I needed to contact USPS to track my parts order.
     During my multiple attempts to resolve this issue with Dell (e-mail, chat, and phone calls), I have yet to make contact with anyone who is in a managment position that can assist me with this issue.  Just wanted to post this one to see if anyone else stationed outside the U.S. has identified a route to resolve computer issues such as the one I am experiencing.  This type of customer service has greatly impacted my ability to remain in on-line courses.     

1.9K Posts

February 25th, 2007 03:00

I don't want to disrespect you there Cheif, as I too am a sailor, retired in 1993. I feel your pain, but this is probably not Dells issue, except for the fact that after 3 weeks the shipper has the responsibility to find out why the package didn't arrive. I know how overseas mail goes and sometimes it is a real mess.

If I were in any real danger of dropping my online classes, I would purchase a new hard drive out of my own funds... continue to persue Dell for a replacement also. Then at worst you could convert one to an external USB Storage device for back-ups.

Sorry not to be more help.

pcgeek11
No Events found!