Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

June 20th, 2022 12:00

Dell vostro 3400 laptop stuck at dell logo

Good evening, I shutdown my laptop and when I restart the laptop, the laptop stuck at dell logo, I tried to use function keys, anytime I pressed f12 the process stuck halfway (Picture attached).I have removed the battery to discharge the power but problem persist. The system have two hard drives.... But it was M.2 PCIe SSD that have this problem and I can boot from HDD hard drive but I can't boot from primary hard drive which is SSD. I have used hard drive utility to detect the SSD hard drive but I can't find it, I can see it from Bios settings too. Kindly assist... The system is not upto year. 

20220620_184608.jpg

10 Elder

• 

24K Posts

June 20th, 2022 16:00

If the system does not see the SSD in setup, unplug the system, remove the base cover and disconnect the battery from the system board.  Hold the power button for 30 sec.  

Remove and reinstall the SSD, reconnect the battery and replace the base cover. Power up, press F12 and check again for the SSD.  If it still does not show in setup, it has failed - contact Dell to have it replaced under warranty.  Unlike hard drives, which commonly give warning of impending failure, SSDs can suddenly and completely fail without warning.

June 20th, 2022 13:00

I forgot to mention, The os on the SSD is windows 11, the os on HDD hard drive is windows 10 enterprises 

June 21st, 2022 13:00

Thank you, I have tried this but no luck, I guess the problem is the ssd 

No Events found!