Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

B

May 22nd, 2008 20:00

SAS

I recently uninstalled SAS.

The uninstall went well and I have no issues other than a minor problem. When I click on the start icon (lower left corner) and type super into the search bar I bring up a few remnants of SAS. When I attempt to delete them it says they cannot be found.

The first item is SuperAntiSpyware and when I attempt to delete it I receive a message Windows cannot find c:/Users/Beau/Desktop/SuperAntiSpyware.exe

The next one is PROCESSLISTRELATED and states c:/Users/Beau/AppData/Roaming/SUPERAntiSpyware.com/SU.../PROCESSLISTRELATED.DB

The next item is PROCCESSLIST and states c:/Users/Beau/AppData/Roaming/SUPERAntiSpyware.com/SUPERAntis.../PROCESSLIST.DB

Searching through the start menu is the only way I can find them.  It does not show the exe running in Windows Defender, or in my task manager.

I then downloaded the uninstaller tool from the SAS website, per directions from SAS forum member SuperAntiSpyware.  

The tool removed the PROCESSLIST locations, but not the first one mentioned in the previous post. I deleted the uninstaller tool and that is also listed when I search in the Windows Icon in the lower left corner. It states Windows cannot find c:\Users\Beau\DownloadsSASUNINST.EXE

When I try to delete it it says "this is no longer located in C:\Users\Beau\Downloads

Can this cause any problems?  Do I need to remove this? If so, how do I do it. 

Thanks for any suggestions.

Message Edited by beversoll on 05-22-2008 04:49 PM

5.8K Posts

May 22nd, 2008 21:00

No need to do anything- these are likely related to orphaned registry entries that shouldn't cause any problems.

(Unless there is an uninstaller tool for the uninstaller tool- jk!)

301 Posts

May 22nd, 2008 22:00

Thanks joe53.  They weren't causing any problems, but I wasn't sure. 
No Events found!