Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 28th, 2008 04:00

Broadjump Client Foundation

My XP Dell Desktop kept losing internet connection, to the point I added a new 2wire modem for my

Att DSL service. It's dropping now and they have checked the modem, it's OK. My wife's laptop doesn't

drop the connection thru the same modem. I found this program, new in the last couple of weeks,

Broadjump Client Foundation. My Norton internet security and antivirus found nothing, Ad aware found nothing, but on Hijack this forum, it looks like a rats nest of problems, some bad, some not a problem.

How do I start to get rid of this program and get my internet back to being stable. I'm an AOL user too, so

from the forum, that may have been the entry point. Thanks for any help.

uncleduck

1 Rookie

• 

5.8K Posts

October 28th, 2008 05:00

Hi uncleduck, and welcome to DCF.

As far as I can tell, Broadjump Client Foundation is software added by ISP's, and is not malicious.

You should be able to remove it in Control Panel>Add or Remove Programs.

On which HijackThis forum did you post a HJT log?

2 Posts

October 28th, 2008 14:00

Haven't posted it on any HJT forum, but there were lots on this dell HJT forum.

uncleduck

3 Apprentice

• 

15.2K Posts

October 28th, 2008 15:00

"but on Hijack this forum, it looks like a rats nest of problems, some bad, some not a problem".

keep in mind that HJT is a diagnostic tool, which lists the good together with the bad... that is to say, MUCH of what appears in a log are good (sometimes, even required) items.   simply removing everything may cripple your system.   you really need to submit for log for individualized/customized analysis, to get an expert view on it.

Message Edited by ky331 on 10-28-2008 12:09 PM
No Events found!