Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 2nd, 2008 20:00

How Do I Print Labels in Word?

I'm using XM Media Center w/ Word 2003.

I'm trying to figure out how to print out a page of labels (stick on ones) The Size is 2"x4" Avery 5163, I have went into Word>Tools>Letters and Mailings>Envelops and Labels>Labels> typed in the name and addy>radio button checked for print full page of same label>then options>Avery Stardard chose in the drop down box> selected 5163 shipping.

Ok so I ran a test sheet of plain paper through the printer and it printed out 10 labels per sheet. Then I held the test sheet up to the mailing label sheet to see if everything would line up, it looks as the name on the label would be right next to the left part of the label and not centered?

Anyone know how to set me up? I do not want to start burning up all kinds of paper.

TIA,

John

7.9K Posts

I think left oriented is the norm for just about everything ... try the "center" button and run another test sheet? (or print preview).

I have word 2007 so I can't give you specific instructions

Message Edited by NemesisDB on 04-02-2008 04:39 PM

416 Posts

Center button? Where?
@NemesisDB wrote:

I think left oriented is the norm for just about everything ... try the "center" button and run another test sheet? (or print preview).

I have word 2007 so I can't give you specific instructions

Message Edited by NemesisDB on 04-02-2008 04:39 PM

416 Posts

April 2nd, 2008 21:00

TY I just saw that also.

NemesisDB wrote:

I googled word 2003 to find a picture ... the button to the right of the one that is highlighted should center the text

http://www.wellesley.edu/Computing/Office03/Word03/Images/word.gif

7.9K Posts

April 2nd, 2008 21:00

I googled word 2003 to find a picture ... the button to the right of the one that is highlighted should center the text

http://www.wellesley.edu/Computing/Office03/Word03/Images/word.gif

7.9K Posts

April 3rd, 2008 01:00

Glad it worked  :D

10 Elder

• 

44.2K Posts

April 5th, 2008 21:00

Next time, after you select the type of Avery label and get back to the previous page, click the 'New Document' button. Word will open a new doc with grid lines exactly matching the label stock you picked.

From there you can use all the regular commands in Word to center, align text, etc. etc. You can then save the file as a regular Word doc for future use. ;)

Ron 

No Events found!