Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

September 24th, 2010 12:00

Dell Dock won't start up

I have a Dell Studio and when I start up my Dell Dock it gives me a message that reads:

The dell Dock's language file, which is necessary for its operation, has failed to load.
Please check your Dell Dock installation.

I have already uninstalled and reinstalled the program multiple times and it still gives me that message. If anyone knows how I can get my Dell Dock up and working again it would be greatly appreciated

7 Posts

March 14th, 2012 06:00

I found this on a Microsoft Windows forum.  AND IT WORKS !!!

In Windows 7 the file

"C:\Users\ \AppData\Local\Stardock_Corporation\DellDock.exe_Url_zerevpyj2cwvrpvdb3tli4avbxq3yq3p\2.5.0.1527\user.config"

tends to get corrupted, expecially when an abnormal Windows shutdown or hung-up.

Delete the all directory "C:\Users\ \AppData\Local\Stardock_Corporation" and restart DellDock, it will get regenerated and the program is up and running.

1 Message

January 27th, 2012 02:00

Have you had any replies to this? I have, I suspect, the same issue. I use a Studio 1535 and on start up, right at the beginning of the sequence I get an error pop up, "The Dell Dock has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry......." This box has a default ticked Restart the Dell Dock and a send error report option. If I attempt to send there is an immediate, "There was an error while submitting the Error Report. Please try again". No matter how often I try I get the same message. If I click don't send I get a  Windows pop up saying Dell Dock has stopped working. The details there list an event name CLR20r3.

I have reloaded Dell Dock, rebooted, etc, etc, multiple times - zero effect. I have restored to a point before the issue started, sucessfully completed this, only to get a "the restore didn't work" error message. Has anyone any suggestions? Thanks in advance..

7 Posts

June 12th, 2012 12:00

This is exactly what worked for me, thx for the reply ;)

Question answered :)

1 Message

August 9th, 2012 16:00

Would you please tell me how to get to this and delete it?  I'm having the same problem with my Dell Dock.  I really don't like the dock but I want to get rid of the message that keeps popping up!  Thanks!

7 Posts

August 10th, 2012 17:00

If you dont want the Dell Dock.   
Click "Start" and then "Controll Panel".   
Somewhere now you should see an icon that says programs or similar.   

Click on that and you will see a list of programs you have installed on your computer.  

Find Dell Dock on the list.  Click on it and then choose uninstall.    

No Events found!