Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 25th, 2006 01:00

Will a Lexmark ink cartridge fit in an AIO A940 printer?

I was told by a few people that Lexmark makes dell printers or used to atleast.  I have an A940 printer and was just wondering if I was able to put Lexmark ink in that particular printer since it was made by them.  Has anybody tried this before and did it work?  Thank you in advance for any feedback!!

Message Edited by srghappy on 11-24-200609:38 PM

1.4K Posts

November 25th, 2006 22:00

The Dell printer is made in the Lexmark factory to Dells specs. The carts won't fit and they won't work.

1 Message

December 19th, 2006 06:00

yes i was so desperate for ink cartridges,i purchased 2 cartridges made by lexmark # 82 and 83 and  the tops were wrong so i replaced them with the original tops from the dell cartridges i had.I'm sure this printer is made by lexmark but I can't find the model number.

1.4K Posts

December 20th, 2006 02:00

Why purchase two ink carts that won't fit when, with 2 clicks of your mouse, you can get 2 ink carts that do fit, in about 2 days, for the same cost or less. (price comparisons from Dell, Target, and Radio Shack) I have cut off the top of an ink cart, I can't imagine cutting off four.
As I have stated before, Lexmark ink carts won't fit in a Dell printer.

1 Message

September 22nd, 2012 21:00

Dell series 5 and series 9 cartridges both work in my Lexmark X5650 printer which uses #36 and #37 Lexmark cartridges. Why would I use them? Because I have two Dell printers in my office that use the series 5 and series 9 cartridges and the Lexmark X5650 is a great printer and has been around for 2 years performing flawlessly also in my office. I buy carts in bulk and am happy to use them in all three of my printers.
The basic print engine is the same regardless if it says Dell or Lexmark. If you have to use a Dell cartridge in a lexmark, have at it. Otherwise use Lexmark. My cartridges required no modification to fit either.

No Events found!