Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 7th, 2007 01:00

Faxing and Answering Machine with AIO 942

I have a AIO942.  I am trying to use the same phone number for faxing that also has an answering machine on it.  After reading the manual, it doesn't seem as though this is possible   If I enable receive faxes it says that the modem will answer all calls thinking it is a fax and calls will not go to the answering machine.  Does anyone use the AIO942 to receive faxes AND have an active voicemail/answering machine on the same phone line?  If so, PLEASE tell me how you have done it.

9 Legend

• 

33.3K Posts

August 7th, 2007 18:00

I don't have a direct solution to your problem.  However, there are "call directors" that will distinguish between an incoming voice or fax call and route it to the proper device (connected to the call director).  These devices are primarily sold for commercial business uses and thus are in the over $100 price range.  However, it is one option.

HERE is one device.  I know nothing about the company - just found it doing a google search.

Message Edited by fireberd on 08-07-2007 03:41 PM

3 Posts

September 13th, 2007 23:00

I just wanted to say thanks for the advice.  I was able to find one of these that seems to be working very well.
No Events found!