Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

B

December 19th, 2007 23:00

A940 and Windows Vista Printing Problem.

I just got a new HP laptop and installed my A940 printer. I downloaded the Vista drivers from DELLS website, and the printer installed correctly. I was able to do a test page from Windows and printed a Document for Word. But today I tired to printe a Document, from word, that was 6 pages long. It would only print the first page. Even if I go in to the print propertise, from word, and select the range 1 to 6, still oinly the first page print. If I ask it to print the last page only, still the first page print. Has anyone esle run across this problem and knows a fix? thanks.

4.8K Posts

December 20th, 2007 01:00

Bman65,

Create a new, small 2 page document in MS Word and try to print that.  If it prints the two page document, there may be a problem with some embedded coding or symbol in your 6 page document which is causing the cancellation of the last 5 pages.

Steve

2 Posts

December 20th, 2007 22:00

it does the same thing with just a two page new document also.

4.8K Posts

December 21st, 2007 12:00

Bman65,

This problem does not actually sound like an actual printer problem.  I would suggest that you try a different program such as notepad.exe to create a document of 2 or more pages and print that.  Lots of blank lines in the document are OK and will help reduce the amount of ink used for this.

Steve
No Events found!