Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

December 10th, 2018 07:00

No signal from display port

I just purchased and set up Dell U2719D dual monitors. The connection is a display port to display port to dual NVIDEA K620 video cards in a Dell Precision Tower 3620. OS is Windows 10, 64 bit with latest updates (Version 1803). All video drivers have latest updates. Computer power management is set to never turn off hard drives and monitors. When restarting windows or when powering off and restarting the computer, the monitors say no signal from display port and go into power save mode. I have to unplug new monitors, plug in older monitor (Dell U2515H) to same display port to get signal started from the display port, then I can unplug the older monitor and plug in the two new monitors and then they work fine. However, if I restart windows or power off then on, the new monitors say no signal at display port and go into power save mode. There is no option from the on screen display to turn off power save on these monitors. The DP cables are the ones that were in the box with the monitors.

December 17th, 2018 10:00

It turns out that the firmware of the display port had to be updated to 1.4.

Here is a link that NVIDEA support gave me:

https://www.nvidia.com/object/nv-uefi-update-x64.html

December 17th, 2018 10:00

This is a tricky one...theoretically speaking the K620 *should* be able to support both 1440p monitors on one card.

According to PNY the card supports 3840 x 2160 max resolution and two 1440p monitors dont exceed that.

There may be an issue with the MB with two cards being detected on boot, but one isnt being elected over the other or vice versa. if its possible i would give it a shot with one card and see how it reacts with power cycles or if it works at all

No Events found!