Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

T

September 18th, 2017 14:00

Poweredge R420 Will not Boot

I am having an issue, I have a Dell Poweredge R420 that will not boot.

Last time it was active a screen came up saying that the Lead Firmware was not working or something similar to that, and now when I try to turn it on, the lights and fans come on, but I get no signal to the monitor or the keyboard and mouse. I cannot access this server, and now it is costing the company I work for a great deal of money.

Your phone support agents do not seem to understand that this is not an issue I can fix over the phone because I cannot access the server to perform any fixes because it is not working to the point where I can make changes within the OS.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

September 18th, 2017 16:00

Hello.

Last time it was active a screen came up saying that the Lead Firmware was not working or something similar to that, and now when I try to turn it on, the lights and fans come on, but I get no signal to the monitor or the keyboard and mouse. I cannot access this server, and now it is costing the company I work for a great deal of money.

I don't believe there is a thing like Lead Firmware. Are you able to acces the iDRAC webinterface?

Have you tested by connecting another known working monitor and keyboard? What you can do is to reseat all hardware components including memory, processors, hard drives etc and try again. If this does not help, bring the system to minimum to POST with the components below and be sure to disconnect any USB device including mouse and keyboard:

• System Board
  • CPU1 with heat sink (minimum for troubleshooting)
  • Single DIMM configuration with DIMM in socket A1
  • Control Panel with cable (to power system on)
  • Expansion Riser
  • PSU (and for redundant PSU also the PDB/PIB)

No Events found!