Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 18th, 2010 03:00

No Valid IP Configuration???

Hello,

I have been using my dell studio 1555 with windows 7 proffesional for the past 10 months or so...all went fine.

This morning i suddenly could no longer connect to the internet. I use the internet cable, but it says that there is no internet access and when i troubleshooted the problem it came up with 'no valid IP configuration'.

I know for a fact that there is access/internet but somehow my laptop 'denies' it.

I have looked at many forums however the computer language is beyond me (I dont know much about computers)

I really want to fix this problem and would really appreciate any help.

thank u

Michiel

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

September 18th, 2010 04:00

Michiel,

Windows 7 makes a system restore point every time you start your computer. I would first try using system restore and go back a day or so to when it worked.

Rick

2 Posts

September 18th, 2010 07:00

Rick,

I tried the system recovery however nothing happened. Im still plagued with the 'no internet access'.

I have reset my router a couple of times. Turned the power off and on...nothing happened.

I am still confused as to how this computer can access that same internet while my laptop cant.

Michiel

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

September 18th, 2010 07:00

Michiel,

Try turning off your ISP modem/router. Also turn off your wireless router(if any) Wait 60 seconds. Turn on the ISP MOdem/router. Wait 30 seconds, then turn on your wireless router(if any)

Restart your computer. What happens when you try to connect?

Rick

2 Posts

September 28th, 2010 20:00

Same problem here....

Broadcom 57xx Gigabit Integrated NIC gets IP not configured error.

Importantly, I have a Dell 1537 and this laptop is not technically Windows 7 Compatible.  however,  I upgraded to Win 7 x64 over a year ago and had no problems untl now. 

Wireless works perfectly, but I can't connect to anything with my wired Ethernet LAN connection.

I can't ping anything.  I can't even run an ipconfig /release without getting an error... only this time the error states that my Pseudo Loopback Adapter fails because "a file is missing"

Others with this same exact problem all seemed to correct it by uninstalling (completely) ESET A/V Firewall.  But I don't have ESET.

I tried disabling A/V totally.  I tried cleaning out the Winsock and TcpIp stacks  using netsh command.

I tried disabling all "hidden" ISTAP entries under device manager (using "show hidden devices" option).

Yet nothing works.  All other computers can connect to my Router... but not this one.  Wirelessly,  YES... using Broadcom NIC LAN port... NO!

I can see it in Device Manager.  I can change its settings under the "advanced" menu.  What I can't do is see its IP address as it isn't even giving itself one... put another way, ipconfig /all shows tons of tunneling entries and pseudo this and pseudo that entries, but the LAN entry can't seem to use DHCP to configure itself.

I am stumped.  I tried the v14 drivers from Broadcom's website dated Sept 8, 2010.  I tried the Vista 64 drivers (v11) from my Dell Studio 15's driver update page.

I am uninstalled it.  Disabled it.  configured it and reconfigured it. 

Does it simply not work under Windows 7 64bit despite the Sept. 8, 2010 v14 drivers from Broadcom's site supporting Win7 and installed without a hitch?

It's crazy... Ethernet LAN should be the simplest thing... even my blu-ray player can do it without issue.  I am stumped!

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

September 29th, 2010 15:00

No Events found!