Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 8th, 2009 18:00

Horizontal to vertical display

Can anyone tell me if a wide desplay can be turned from Horizontal to Vertical, and how to do it.

3 Apprentice

• 

2.6K Posts

October 8th, 2009 19:00

EDIT:  Chris beat me to it....

EDIT again:   This is what I originally posted, which Belmont Bill saw in the email notification and ran with.....

Physically rotating the monitor isn't a problem as long as you can mount it securely.  

Then you have to set up your PC to rotate the display    Most newer PC's should be able to do this, but since I don't know what PC you have, what operating system, or what video card can only give you general instructions on how to find the option:

For XP:   Right Click a blank space on your desktop, click Properties, click Settings tab, then Advanced.  There should be a tab specific to your video card (GeForce, Intel, ATI, whatever) - click that and look for the option to rotate the display.

I don't have Vista so can't directly find it, but should be pretty much the same, except use  "Personalize" instead of "Properties",  and there may be separate menus instead of tabs.

Community Manager

• 

55K Posts

October 8th, 2009 19:00

Do you mean physically rotating the display? If yes, then it depends on the monitor model.

October 9th, 2009 19:00

Thanks, great tips.  Thae driver would not support the 90 degree rotation.  I went to ATI Catalist and upgraded.  It works perfect with much better graphics quality.

Bill

No Events found!