Start a Conversation

Unsolved

N

1 Message

December 27th, 2018 21:00

Battery indicator keeps blinking Orange

My Dell Lattitude E6510 Battery indicator suddenly started blinking orange when the battery indicator on the Taskbar shows 100% fully charged. Once I unplug the AC adapter the PC goes off. Prior to this sudden development the battery lasts for 3-4 hours on heavy usage when fully charged. Please can some assist me. Thanks

7 Technologist

• 

12.2K Posts

December 28th, 2018 06:00

The blinking amber light means the battery is not receiving a charge and is at less then 10%. Try a reset on the system first. Disconnect the battery and unplug the adapter. Now press and hold the power button for 30 seconds. Then reconnect everything and try again. Also restart the system and at the Dell splash screen start tapping F12. Run system diagnostics and pay special attention to battery health and the adapter results. You can also at the Dell splash screen start tapping F2 and check the adapter and battery in the BIOS in addition to diagnostics.

7 Posts

August 12th, 2021 01:00

Hello friend, I just wanted to let you know that I had the same problem as this guy and I tried your advice and it worked perfectly. Thank you so much!!

Warmest Regards, Ben  🙇‍

7 Technologist

• 

12.2K Posts

August 12th, 2021 05:00

Happy to help out!

1 Message

August 8th, 2022 11:00

Same problem. Reset worked!

Thank you.

7 Technologist

• 

12.2K Posts

August 8th, 2022 12:00

Happy to help out with your problem as well!

1 Message

January 31st, 2023 19:00

I have the same event going on, I've done the reset recommended by the guy here on the page, plus the F12 test, it says my battery is at the end of its lifetime 

7 Technologist

• 

12.2K Posts

January 31st, 2023 20:00

You did not post the exact model of your laptop but if diagnostics indicates the battery has reached the end of life then it is time to replace it. Purchase genuine Dell OEM batteries which can be found at Parts-People here.

1 Message

November 15th, 2023 17:12

I tried the above. Orange light only blinks after being connected to charge for a long time. Will not boot, with or without batteries installed. I removed the charge socket and cable and tested for continuity. It is intact but I do not know if it might have high resistance or if there is another problem with the charging circuitry. I can replace the socket but if the computer is otherwise dead this will be a waste of time and money. Should the computer boot if the charge cable is connected with no batteries installed? If not can I get the pinout of the battery so I can partially charge it with an external charger? Any other ideas? Should I disconnect the cables between the display and the lower unit to test if there is excessive current draw from the display that might be preventing charging. Any other suggestions?

1 Rookie

• 

1 Message

May 17th, 2024 03:27

Yes, same problem i have also facing in same battery power 26% while charging, if i am disconnecting battery laptop will shutting down.

Keep on blinking orange light in battery indication light and not charging goes on ??!

Why its happening and what is the solution. 

No Events found!