Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

January 22nd, 2010 01:00

remove message - Your battery is able to charge normally...

Your battery is able to charge normally. However it is reaching the end of its usable life.... how to remove this message? Uninstall DCP is not solution. Why confuse customer with such message letting him think that me, as reseller have sold him BAD LAPTOP with BAD battery????

4 Posts

March 13th, 2014 12:00

nijel8's answer is great and works perfectly.  It even allows you to disable those annoying messages about your adapter not having enough power when the cord's just come loose (under a different category).

Just one minor improvement, if you're going to add it to a domain's group policy, you have to copy over ALL of the languages, not just en-US.  Put them all in \SYSVOL\domain.wtf\Policies\PolicyDefinitions and have fun applying the policy to your entire organization.

Works great for cutting down on nuisance user calls wondering why DFEP is telling them they need a new battery (they don't) or their Dell branded power supply doesn't supply enough wattage (it does!).

1 Message

May 21st, 2014 08:00

This worked for me on my Latitude E6420 except in my Services page I double clicked on "Dell Feature Enhancement Pack Service" instead of "Dell System Manager". I followed the rest of the instructions and the message is finally gone after 5 months! Thanks Jallmitch.

615 Posts

May 21st, 2014 09:00

Charger Behavior and Battery Warnings are normally enable/disable from BIOS on the Advanced Tab. and yes a new battery is in order. I'm pretty surprised at the regedit solutions provided here.

2 Posts

May 30th, 2014 15:00

After adding the policy definitions to the Windows folder, when starting the Group Policy Editor, I get the message "An appropriate resource file could not be found for file DellAdmxBase.admx (error=2)".

It seems perhaps I need to copy something else, or ???

Any help appreciated.

Thx!

2 Posts

May 31st, 2014 10:00

In case anyone finds this thread, and runs into the same resource file not found message I did...

It was because I was running an older 2.0.0 version of the Dell Feature Enhancement Pack.  When I updated to the most recent (at the time of writing the) 2.2.1 version, it worked perfectly as described earlier in this thread.

For what it's worth, I would encourage enabling the policy editor settings and disabling the battery message in that way. Disabling the entire service from running will disable all the feature pack functionality -- might as well uninstall it. And might disable something else you want to keep running.

2 Posts

March 19th, 2015 01:00

I don't have these directories.

not the  "Feature Enhancement Pack\policydefinitions" in the dell directory (I checked also

in the x86 program files) and in Administrative Templates -> System there's no dell folder.

any idea?

1 Message

April 13th, 2015 18:00

After spending hours reading your posts, I finally deduced a solution that was so easy and worked (at least for now). We will see if it sticks, but I went to  
C:>  program files > dell  > dell system manager>   dcp power

In DCP Power, the error message was displayed. At the bottom of the window was a block for "Don't show me this again".  I rebooted, and no annoying message. Hurray

1 Message

March 9th, 2016 20:00

Nigel's Group Policy editor solution worked for me on a WIndows 7 64 bit Pro system.  The folders specified were not found when I first tried the steps so I tried the registry editor stuff which did not work for me.  I googled feature enhancement pack and on link from Dell installed it and folders were there and followed steps.  When I installed FEP it said there was an older  version it would upgrade so I don't know why the folders were not in the place specified.

2 Posts

August 29th, 2016 11:00

In some versions it is in the system message policy.  Just disable it, currently it is set to not configured.  You can also enable the policy but only enable the messages you want too.

1 Message

May 11th, 2017 11:00

This solution worked for me. Thanks nijel8.

No Events found!