Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 27th, 2017 04:00

laptop screen glitching

I have a Inspiron 15 7000 Gaming laptop. I bought it three months ago and had no problems with it until yesterday. The right side of my screen got these little green, white, or pink dots going in vertical lines and sometimes they would flicker. When using apps like Discord or game apps the flicker and dots did not show up. But they would when opening my files or using Google Chrome. I updated my drivers and all of them are working properly. I reached up and wiggled the top of the laptop that contains my monitor around and that seemed to get rid of the glitch. Then I closed my laptop and opened it again and BAM the whole screen watch glitched out green and my cursor was a weird moving glitchy square in the midst of it. I forced a shut down by holding the power button down and started it back up with no problems. But every time I shut my screen, that glitch comes back. What is wrong with my computer??

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

October 27th, 2017 06:00

Sounds like it's either a display cable issue or a screen fault - contact Dell for a warranty repair.

4 Posts

October 28th, 2017 00:00

yikes. i can guess that'll take a month to repair...

4 Posts

October 31st, 2017 03:00

haha never mind im gonna try and get it repaired at my local repair shop bc after reading reviews on dell's customer service and repair i don't trust them as far as i can throw them

No Events found!