Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 5th, 2014 04:00

help with microphone and webcam

Hi all,

I have a laptop Latitude E6520 (windows 7) and my microphone and webcam doesn't work. It look like there aren't the driver installed, but I can't find them!

I try to download the "dell webcam center" but I?m not able because there is an error in the web site.

What can I do??

It's really important for me because I'm outside home and the only way to call is Skype.

Thanks a lot!

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

January 5th, 2014 04:00

alberto.mastro,

Did you recently install/reinstall the operating system? If yes, did you install the Dell System Software(if applicable) and the chipset drivers first? If not, the rest of the drivers will fail to install. How to Download and Install Drivers in the Correct

Windows 7/8 is supposed to provide the webcam drivers for most Dell computers. If you system needs webcam drivers, go to Drivers & Downloads enter your service tag, then select your operating system. If your system needs webcam drivers, they'll be listed under Input.

(Windows 8)How to make the webcam work with help from this youtube. You have to open the Camera app first, and then click Settings on the charm bar to see where you can give the app permission to use the webcam.

Try reading...

Troubleshooting the Dell Webcam and Dell Webcam Central Software

You can try this file, also known as Dell Webcam Central.

Create a new unrestricted user account and try the webcam. Did the webcam work?

If yes, log out and log back in to your account and try the webcam. Did the webcam work?

If no, then the webcam became detached from the motherboard, usually near the webcam

Rick

January 5th, 2014 05:00

I click here "How to Download and Install Drivers in the Correct:" than here because I have a E-series  "NoteNote: Dell Latitude E-Series and Precision laptop models have a different install order. For more information, see the Latitude E-Family and Mobile Precision reimage guide." but the link of the guide doesn't work.

The driver of the webcam of my computer aren't listed in the page Drivers & Downloads.

I tryed to install "Dell Webcam Central" but I can't download it. I go to "my account", then "Download Factory Installed Software (My Dell Downloads)", I agree to the "End User License Agreement" but compare an error: "service number not supported".

I don't know what to do!

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

January 6th, 2014 12:00

alberto.mastro,

Information on your system can be found at...

http://ftp.dell.com/published/Pages/latitude-e6520.html

(You may have to copy and paste this link to your browser)

Dell Webcam Central does download and usually when you install this, contains some drivers for it to connect.

Rick

January 12th, 2014 02:00

thanks for the answer Rick, but in your link there isn's "Dell Webcam Central".

If it is what I need, where I can find it?

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

January 12th, 2014 10:00

alberto.mastro,

This file is also known as Dell Webcam Central Version 1.40.05

Rick

January 13th, 2014 02:00

Hi Rick,

I have download and install the software.

It run, but it's write no webcam connect.

There is something else that I can try?

thanks

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

January 13th, 2014 13:00

alberto.mastro,

Removing the bezel is easy, it just pops off.(see video below)

At the top of the screen, there are 2 screws that need removed. This will give you access to the webcam. Unplug the webcam, then plug the webcam back in. This usually fixes the connection to the webcam and it comes back to life.

Rick

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

January 13th, 2014 17:00

alberto.mastro,

Start, accessories, sound recorder. Try recording something and see if the internal microphone works. If you cannot hear anything, try posting in the Laptop Audio Forum and see if they can help to get your internal microphone working.

Rick

January 13th, 2014 17:00

I've done what you say. I unplug and plug a lot of time, but nothing change.

When I plug in windows doesn't search and detect any new driver.

I don't think the webcam is broken because the microphone doesn't work neither.

No Events found!