Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 27th, 2015 12:00

Which dell laptops take a 40 Pin LVDS connector?

Hello,

I want to buy this:....

http://www.amazon.com/Pixel-Qi-Model-PQ-3Qi-01/dp/B00IYWBODI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1425069853&sr=8-1&keywords=Pixel+Qi

Maybe that worked (it's a Pixel Qi screen for use in computers that have a 40 pin LVDS connector, and I want to see the screen outside with ease.

I just have no idea what models would take this connection.

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

February 27th, 2015 13:00

Many do - but the cables they use vary widely, and many newer ones use eDP rather than LVDS.  Further, to work with a panel, the panel's EDID has to be coded into the notebook BIOS, which is unlikely for this model. 

It's not clear what this is marketed for -- it's certainly not a generic replacement for the internal LCD screen.

February 28th, 2015 10:00

The screen is used to see outside very well.  Youtube "Pixel Qi" and you'll see what I mean.

I want to use an old laptop and put this screen in, so I can use a computer in bright sunlight, and not have to rely on my phone and use up the battery on it.  (phone brightness is 660 nits, good, but not great.)

The reviewer told me a Samsung N130 would work with this screen and I tried to find out what sites would list the screen connector, but that didn't happen like I thought.

No Events found!