Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 31st, 2014 18:00

Warning, some pawn shops are thieves

I was hard up on cash one time and I went to pawn my new Dell Inspiron and when I went back to pick it up. I discovered they had sold it right out from under my nose. So I reported them to the agency and they are currently investigating the situation. Now here I am using my old mini laptop that's slow to run and costs too much to repair. They could at least have replaced my computer for me. I thought if I posted on the companies website I might gain a following of some sort. Maybe even get my computer back somehow. This is wrong and should not happen. It's stealing. Stealing is wrong. I don't care what people think of something. They have no right to steal something that isn't their's.

94 Posts

March 31st, 2014 19:00

There are parts of your story missing here. I don't particularly like pawn shops but here's how they work. You take something in....like a laptop....and pawn it. They give you a certain amount of time to pay the loan back and if you don't....they sell the item. Just how long to you wait before you went back to get your laptop? The agency will do nothing and neither will the police if the pawn shop followed protocol. Lesson learned.

1 Message

March 14th, 2015 15:00

I too myself pawned my computer to raise a bit of cash and the same thing happened,they had sold it to somebody else by mistake.the last 4 days I have been changing passwords,bank details etc.all they have suggested up to now is swapping it for another 1.not happy.

1 Message

July 31st, 2015 11:00

Well it actully does happen. Its happend to me before. Back when the ps4 forst came out not that lobg ago i had to pawn it due to being tight on cash. I made sure all pauments where done on time and when i went in to pick it up they sold the console. They then denied it. Then tried to gove me a *** ps3 and some games. The lesson i would say is do some reasurch on the pawnshop before u deal with them. Find out how pther customers are expericeing the company

August 19th, 2015 02:00

It is very right before giving any items to pawn shops it is very necessary to have reasearch work. Other important thing which is to be kept in mind is that there should be proper agreement between you and pawn shopkeeper, so that later on shop keeper will not be able to do fraud as he has done in your case. 

September 1st, 2015 02:00

They may be. They are running these shops with such items which they themselves do not know from where the seller got it from nor they take headache for the same. In this situation it will be better for you that you should get the matter investigated. Owner of the pawn shop may know the person to whom he sold. Really it is very bad on the part of the  concerned shopkeeper.

No Events found!