Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Closed

5 Posts

April 14th, 2008 23:00

Vista says to connect fingerprint sensor on Windows login screen

I have a Dell Precision M4300 laptop with the fingerprint sensor.  I seem to recall that I could login to Windows with my fingerprint UNTIL I loaded the updated software for Wave Systems Embassy Security Center.

I've gone into the software and re-enrolled my fingerprints, also enabled the checkbox for "Enable Secure Windows Login".  The Windows Login screen says something like "type password or connect fingerprint sensor".  What gives?  It is connected, and works while in Windows, just not in the login screen, only after logging into Windows does it work.  Thanks for any help.

5 Posts

April 18th, 2008 18:00

poor little me.  Nobody loves me.  Not even a suggestion?

5 Posts

April 24th, 2008 19:00

Maybe I should ship the laptop back and buy from somebody else.  That will fix it.  Yes, I'm getting smart now.

2.4K Posts

April 25th, 2008 03:00

@Mossgrows wrote:
Maybe I should ship the laptop back and buy from somebody else.  That will fix it.  Yes, I'm getting smart now.
funny of the day :D

5 Posts

April 25th, 2008 17:00

That's all I ask for, is just some reassurance that there are real people out there, people that care enough to say "hello".

"Hello Hydralisk00222".  :smileytongue:  Thanks for the laugh.

1 Message

May 29th, 2008 09:00

Ok I fixed the same issue with XP. It's pretty simple all you have to do is :-

Goto:-  

Control Panel

Add/Remove programs select Embassy Trust by Wave Systems

Click - Change

Select Repair > Next

Then Click Next on the installer screen

Repair all of my Applications

Then click Yes to the confirmation .... and away it goes.

Reboot the computer and working!! Yippy :smileywink:

I hope it works for you to ....well thats if you didn't send ur compy back to the boyz at Dell.

bye

5 Posts

May 29th, 2008 15:00

ArrowUK, that worked for me!  You are smart and intelligent. :smileyhappy:

Thanks for the post.  The world has been saved for now.

2 Posts

July 24th, 2008 02:00

I am running Vista on my M1330 and am having the same issue except I do not have the Embassy software installed, at least I do not see it listed in remove programs. Does anyone have any other sugfgestions?

No Events found!