Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Closed

1 Message

July 17th, 2002 15:00

USB to parallel printer cable

I have a hpdeskjet990cxi printer connected to my Web-PC via a USB to parallel cable. I am having problems with the printer only printing very little or none of the document I am trying to print. I have installed, uninstalled and re-installed the printer, drivers and ports, with no luck. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

877 Posts

July 19th, 2002 15:00

Twoof,

I have seen alot of these kind of problems when using a us to parallel converter cable. I recommend that you get a straight usb cable to resolve the issue.

Thank you for choosing Dell.

1 Message

February 14th, 2004 18:00

My new Dell Inspiron 1100 computer which uses Windows XP only has a USB port and my HP 720C printer only has a parallel input. I have bought a Philex 70705bl parallel to USB cable to link the two. My computer recognised the new printer and used the appropriate driver to install it to the USB Port. It did not mention finding the new cable and I therefore did not use the driver supplied with the cable. I separately ran the install new hardware wizard to try to use the driver disk supplied with the cable, but stopped when it started to talk about the dangers of digitally unsigned software. Hence, I have not actually used the disk supplied with the cable. 

Although it printed one test page, it then failed half way through another printed page from Word and failed to print all but a few lines of another test page. I do not want to have to buy a new printer and am very disappointed with my new computer as a result. Has anyone managed to get this combination of PC, Printer and cable to work and if so - how?

No Events found!