Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

May 8th, 2016 01:00

PC Camera not working

Hi,

I have Dell inspiron15 which has inbuilt PC camera. It has stopped working. While diagnosing it on Dell portal, it fails to run the tests stating that eiter the device driver is not installed or incorrectly installed. But while checking it from device manager, it stats that you have latest updated driver in your machine. Could you please advise what might be the failure reason.

Regards,

Sanchit

May 8th, 2016 22:00

guys I've had the same problem for about a year now, There is not a forum or a solution path that I didn't go through or try for this year. I have just fixed my problem now. I thought I had to share it with u to help u out guys hope for the best. I've tried everything, Software updates, changing OS 32&64, &, XP, Vista, Linux, Even MAC. Drivers. Bluetooth every solution possible outta there, & here is the solution which need you to have guts to do it. If you are sure you have done everything right, the installation the driver & everything. & when you try to use the cam you hear a sound of a device plugging in & out & the cam led flashes on & off here is the problem's solution, I opened up my laptop screen cover, Then the screws at the bottom so I can be able to takeoff the black frame which contains the power button on the top, at the bottom left at the LCD after you took off the black frame (which is easy it has no screws just pull it out the right way or if you can't just look it up on you-tube) you will find the cable from(LCD & CAM) going through under the black frame on the keyboard just try to softly tap it wit your fingers & unplug it, using anything(Old toothbrush) clean the plug & the socket, then head up again to the LCD, remove the 4 screws on the corners, carefully pull out slowly the LCD from the top, you will find the cable beside the cam, just make sure it's properly plugged and clean it also. put back everything in place & hopefully you'll enjoy your cam. surely remove the power adapter & battery not to electrify your self. wish u best of luck

1. Click to open Device Manager. If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
2. In Device Manager, locate the device you want to remove, and then double-click the device name.
3. Click the Driver tab, and then click uninstall and disconnect the device from computer and restart.

Aws Training in Chennai | Informatica Training in Chennai | Hadoop Training in Chennai

2K Posts

May 8th, 2016 21:00

Hi Sanchit,

What is the exact system model? What is the current OS installed on the machine? Are you able to use the inbuilt microphone? Is there any speck of dust or smudge accumulated on the webcam or the bezel? Check if the camera works with the camera app / skype.

If the system was working fine earlier, then perform a system restore and restore the machine to an earlier point where it was working fine. 

Update the BIOS - http://dell.to/1n3X2po - enter the service tag and download the BIOS, update and restart the machine and check.

Keep us updated.

No Events found!