Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

June 27th, 2012 09:00

Network Adapter Not found

The hard drive in my 8 month old Dell 17R N7110 died, and I was sent another which had been imaged with the OS and drivers etc. I installed, booted up, it went through it's routine, and when finished, I could not detect my wireless router, It's like the network module or card isn't there. 

Is there something, a cable or something, that I might have disconnected without knowing it, when I had the palm-rest off?

Thanks! Paul

June 28th, 2012 10:00

It was a lack of drivers. Although the drive had been imaged, and I "thought" it had received all of the drivers appropriately in that imaging, it had not. All better now. Thanks all.

Thank you Rick. I'm not sure if that is it, although I suppose it's possible. When I attempt to install the drivers it tells me the network adapter is not found.

Thanks Roshan. That could be the issue. I didn't go to control panel. Will check after work, and will post what I discover. I did go to device manager and networking stuff was listed but all with error messages. Many thanks.

4 Operator

• 

4.4K Posts

Hi paul-kingfield,

Welcome to the Community,

Apart from what Rick suggested,go to  Windows Mobility Center in Control Panel  and check if wireless is turned Off.If it shows off press Fn F2 to turn on the wireless.

If that does not help,go to Control Panel,System,Hardware,Device Manager,expand Network Adapters and confirm if the wireless card is listed there.

Thank You

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

Paul,

Not all images work on a new hard drive.

The Desktop/Notebook Utility needs to be installed first(if applicable), then the chipset drivers. If they are NOT installed first, then the rest of the drivers will fail to install.

How to Download and Install Drivers in the Correct Order

You'll need to install the drivers in the correct order and you should see the adapter working properly.

Rick

No Events found!