Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 1st, 2014 13:00

My volume keeps turning itself down!

Okay, so I've been looking online at solutions to this problem but nobody seems to be having the same exact problem as me. I could be doing anything, with or without the need for volume, and my volume will start turning itself down rapidly, until it goes completely to 0. I didn't think anything of it at first, because I didn't really need sound to use my laptop. However, when this happens, my mouse pad stops working. So the volume turns itself all the way down and I'm unable to use my mouse pad until I turn the volume up again. There are no stuck keys because its a brand new laptop. I've tried restarting the laptop, I've tried uninstalling unnecessary  apps off of the laptop, I've tried going to the control panel and changing the sound options there. Help!

4 Operator

• 

13.6K Posts

September 1st, 2014 15:00

However, when this happens, my mouse pad stops working ... I've tried going to the control panel and changing the sound options there.

That's interesting. In 10 years here I've never heard of the volume affecting the mouse pad.

its a brand new laptop.

Perform a system recovery -- that will get your laptop back to the exact state it was in when it left the factory. It will fix all software problems that have developed, fix any configuration issues, and will eliminate any virus or malware.

Test it immediately before you download anything except Windows updates, and avoid those if possible. If the problem is still there then the laptop left the factory with the problem and is defective. Contact tech support to have it repaired, exchanged, or get a refund.

4 Operator

• 

13.6K Posts

September 1st, 2014 15:00

P.S. if you need more help please include the full model name of your laptop and which operating system it has.

No Events found!