Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 19th, 2016 11:00

My laptop is showing Plugged in Not charging even after new battery and charger

Hello,

I am using dell Inspiron 15R laptop. Some time ago my charger was broken out and my battery was also showing needs replacement. So, recently i bought new Original Dell Battery and Charger both. But when I plugged in both, it is showing plugged in not charging. I took battery out and again inserted it but it is still not working. Now tell me what to do. How to fix this issue.

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

July 20th, 2016 17:00

:emotion-2:

Does the computer power on with the AC adapter and without the battery? If no, does power indicator light on the AC Adapter lit up ? Do hear a series of beeps or see any lights on the system? By the way, what your Dell model number and version of windows? Example: Dell Inspiron 3543, windows 10

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

July 20th, 2016 19:00

The problem is either the DC jack or mainboard.   Try replacing the DC jack first -- if you need a part reference, we'll need to model number - i.e., Inspiron N5110, 5521, etc.

July 21st, 2016 10:00

Hi EJN63,

My Laptop model is Inspiron 15r 5520. Mainborad is working fine.

July 21st, 2016 10:00

Hi LSUFAN51's, My Laptop model is Inspiron 15r 5520 working on windows 7 basic. Computer is working while I plugged in adapter without battery and it is working on battery also. A series of light blink in the below side of laptop (that indicates charging of battery is in process) blinks sometimes white and sometimes orange (orange light previously lit up at the time of low battery). If it is working properly than it needs to blink only white. My new battery is only 17% charge (come from company). Tell me is there any problem with the jack or any other because there are multiple of reasons are spread all over the internet. Suggest me what to do. I fed up after spending money on battery and charger. I bought original one to keep myself away from these things but....

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

July 21st, 2016 13:00

Possibilities:

Is the AC adapter recognized?  (F2 at powerup to check). 

No --> If it's a new OEM Dell adapter, replace the DC jack:

www.parts-people.com/index.php

Yes --> Is the battery recognized by the system and OEM Dell?  If it is and won't charge with a recognized adapter, the charge circuitry on the mainboard is bad.

No --> Have the seller replace the battery.

The system can run just fine on an adapter that isn't recognized - though if the adapter is not recognized, as you see, the battery will not charge.

No Events found!