Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 2nd, 2017 10:00

My Dell laptop touchpad is going crazy in a bad way, please help

Hi!

I have a Dell Inspiron 7778.

It has been having issues from day one, which is extremely frustrating considering the fact that EVERY other brand of laptop I've had has been fine since day one.

Anyways, this week my Dell laptop touchpad has been going crazy.  The cursor will randomly cease allowing me to control it and it will get "stuck" in the upper left part of the screen, jerking back and forth really quickly for a few minutes until it decides to stop and let me regain control.

Obviously this is causing me major problems.

I looked on the Dell website for touchpad drivers for my laptop and found NOTHING!

Please, can some one give me the link to the newest touchpad driver for my laptop?  I need to get this resolved ASAP.

Thanks,

Guy trying to fix his Dell laptop

Community Manager

• 

2.4K Posts

August 8th, 2017 14:00

Hi- were you still having trouble with the touchpad? And has anything changed? If you're still having trouble please PM me your Service Tag and I will be happy to take a look at this. Sorry for the late reply on this, I have been out of the office. 

Best regards,

Brad

August 13th, 2017 12:00

Hi Brad,

Yes, I am still having issues.

My cursor has basically stopped doing the thing I mentioned in my OP, which included the getting-stuck-and-twitching-for-a-few-minutes-without-me-being-able-to-control-it.   So that's good.

However, now when I'm using a web browser and am reading a page my browser randomly decides to switch tabs with NO INPUT FROM ME.

This is obviously frustrating.  Sometimes it switches back to a random tab immediately after I go back to the tab I want to read.  

I have a feeling this is a touchpad issue.  I tried finding a touchpad driver to download for my machine but found NOTHING.

If you could please guide me in the direction of the newest touchpad driver for my computer I will be thankful.

I PMed you my service tag.

No Events found!